Part 39: Serenity.

Start from the beginning

"When do we leave!?" She asked after few seconds trying to divert the topic.

"Tomorrow morning" his reply was simple so was his gaze which was fixed to nowhere.

A moment later, in the eerie of silence, she heard a loud thud which startled her. When she looked to her right, she saw karan fell from the swing as the old branch broke making her spill into a laugh.

He was already embarrassed by falling and seeing her laughing with leisure made him glare at her.

"You..." He groaned at her "don't laugh..." He warned but she ended up laughing loudly, though mesmerised by her smile, he kept his frown and greeted his teeth, "tripura ki bacchi, abhi dikhata hu tumhe" he shrugged the dust from his clothes getting up and was to grasp the little laughing doll in his arms but the squirrel of a girl dodged him and was quick on her feet to run away.

"Come here!" He yelled from the back trying to chase her but her giggles echoed as she ran faster.

"What did I do, Polar bear" she teased him hiding behind a tree and strafing around.

"Polar bear!" He raised his brow coming to the same tree but on the other side as she kept on moving left and right Waiting for him to make a move so she could dodge.

"Yup!" She poked her tongue out to him and made a face.

"You surely will pay for this Baby" his voice low.

"I am not afraid of you" she raised her brow at him.

"You used to be" he smiled at her stopping his strafes as he felt dizzy and leaned onto it close to her.

She stopped her guards to and leaned onto the tree as well, their fingers almost touching, "i used to" she kept her gaze on him, "but not anymore" a cheeky blush played across her face and karan kept his gaze on her slowly marching his fingers to hers and in a swift move he held her palm starling her.

"Gotcha!" His eyes turned evil and with a tug, he pulled her towards him and pinned her to the tree.

"Now, where will you run!" He grinned at her pressing his body to hers.

"Leave me!" She tried to push the boulder like body of his but he kept her pinned effortlessly.

"Polar bear!" He leaned onto her and she avoided looking at him but a smile was present on her lips.

When he felt her immobile, he took the opportunity and slipped his hand around her hip to the back of her waist and pulled her close. His other palm traced her face and cupped her chin.

"You blush to much!" His thumb brushed on her cheek.

"That's natural" she kept her face straight.

"Natural to my advances?" He raised his brow at her and she did broke into a smile but before she can lower her gaze, he held her firm and pressed his lips on her taking her upper lip into his possession.

---------

The sun settled for the day as the two made their way back. She fell straight on the couch and threw her legs up, stretching them.

"You are so lazy!" He mocked seeing her resting again.

"I am just tired" she didn't defied but answered honestly.

"Isn't that odd?" He asked now being serious.

"What?" She asked with her eyes at him.

"To get tired so often!" He stood close to her. Her cheeks coloured up seeing his concern and also knowing the exact reason of her being tired, "it's just, I am not used to it" she tried to word it simple hoping he'd understand but whom was she kidding, "not used to what!"