Part 39: Serenity.

Start from the beginning

"Now am done" she smiled at him and moved out quick.

"Wait!" He yelled from behind and stopped suddenly just to realised he was bare torso to, grasping around for a T-shirt he pulled whatever came up to him and moved behind her.

-------

"This place is so beautiful" she looked around the bunch of trees through which the god rays came in, illuminating the area they walked through.

"This was dadi's Idea" he informed as he guided her through the rich trees. There were plenty to be seen and even flower trees at the side gave a soft brisk of fragrance to the pure air.

"Someday!" She whispered to herself taking in a deep breathe.

"What did you say?" He asked not catching her voice at first, "Nothing" she shrugged her shoulders and moved to admire the jasmine tree.

"There's even alphanso over there" karan pointed at the back and she could see the big tree safeguarded by spikes around.

"Wow!" She moved to admire the tree.

"You are so lucky Mr.Khanna" she couldn't help say.

"Yeah" he moved towards her "have been lucky recently" his eyes were fixed on hers and she tried to get the inside meaning of it but couldn't.

"You love mangoes!" She asked trying to divert his darting gaze off her.

"Yes I do" he replied "who doesn't!" He chuckled and so did she.

------

The anyways silent tree sides where now filled with banter and giggles. Karan took her to this big banyan tree where he and Natasha had built swing with its branches. She was having fun while he pushed her to and fro.

Her giggles were like honey to his ears. They were soothing, soft and filled with nothing but innocence.

"I don't have a doubt why it's Natasha's favorite place" she apprised as he left swinging her and sat on his swing with care, cause it's been a while they were here and he surely was not light as before.

"She was a total nag" he added and looked ahead at nothing, "still a nag" his voice softened as tripura looked at him, clearly guessing his what's running in his heart.

"You miss her?" Her question was more of an answer.

"Yeah, I do" he gazed back at her, "but sometimes, you should just let go" he smiled softly.

"Is it easy?" She asked trying to know more of his this side.

"It is not" he replied genuinely "if that person doesn't want to stay with you, you better off let them go else than trapping them with you" he looked into her eyes "Natasha knew what she wanted and she did achieved what she asked for" he chuckled, "touch wood" was her soft plug in.

"Tell me" he asked "What would you do in my place, what would you choose"

She was caught off guard by his question "I don't know" she looked around to find a clue but nothing came up her mind "have never been in that situation" she shrugged her shoulders.

"If similar situation happens between us, hypothetically" he rolled his eyes trying to sound casual " what would you choose, to stay with me or let go!" He asked looking keenly into her eyes.

The two had a brief eye lock and yet again, she had no answer to that question, none of the two had.

"I don't know" her voice feeble and her gaze lowered. He didn't pestered more on the topic and kept on swinging in a slow to and fro.