Chapter 30 ~ Legacy

Start from the beginning

Then, in unison, their straining caused them both to start using Force-Lightning. Both of their powers began to collect in the center, forming a large, bright ball of energy.

Ahsoka smiled as an idea came over her. Instead of trying to shoot Sidious with the Force-Lightning, she focused on the ball of hot electricity. Before the Sith Lord could even realize what was going on, she had flung the ball right at him. It crashed into his old, wrinkly, senile body, then electrocuted him to near death. By the time the light had cleared, all that was left was his charred, heavily breathing body.

"I would kill you right now," Ahsoka said, "but that isn't my choice to make."

Sidious could only manage a grunt, given that he was practically immobilized.

The Togruta ran off and back into the messy battle that was taking place. After taking a quick survey of it, she realized in dismay that the Jedi were still losing horribly. Ahsoka looked down to her wrist comm and pressed a button, then raised it to her mouth and called out, "Generals? Generals, do you copy?"

"Loud and clear, General Tano," Ahsoka could hear Master Ti reply.

"Too, do I," Yoda added as well.

Several other Jedi Masters reported in, as well.

"What's everyone's status?"

"Lost a few men," Mace replied gruffly.

"I lost quite a bit of my legion in the early attacks," Ki-Adi sighed.

"My group is still going strong," Obi-Wan answered, "but I don't think everyone else is as lucky as us."

"Let's keep holding out, I suppose. They outta crack some time or another," Ahsoka commanded, reigniting her lightsabers and engaging with two Sith. She had quickly cut them both down, and now she was moving on to a group that was attacking Kit Fisto.

"I've got you covered, Master!" Ahsoka shouted as she electrocuted three of the Sith with her powers, then advanced to the other four via forward roll. She began to parry two of them in lightsaber combat, then twisted their weapons out of their hands and sent them flying into the necks of the other two enemies. Then, with the swiftness of the wind, she ran forward and kicked them down simultaneously. Once they were down, she ran them through with each of her lightsabers, then drew them out of the Sith's chests and turned to Kit.

"Um," he stammered, still shocked by her quick work of the seven foes, "thanks, General Tano."

Ahsoka gave him a nod, then spun around to take on a new set of enemies. She was caught off-guard by a strike from a Sith, but she leaned back as if she were doing the limbo and swung one of her lightsabers up, cleanly chopping off its arm. It screamed in agony, but was quickly cut off as Ahsoka brought her other lightsaber up and slit its throat.

"Ooh I'm sorry, I bet that really stings," Ahsoka winced as the person's hands flew up to their neck. Then, she scoffed and pivoted, ready to take on another Sith. "Weak."

When Ahsoka looked around, she saw that six Sith were trying to charge her. "Ay, so a challenge, huh? I never back down from a little fun." Wanting to try a different tactic, Ahsoka took control of her lightsabers using the Force, then held them out in front of her. Without hesitation, she shot them at her enemies, running through one completely only to send the lightsaber flying into another. Her work had been so quick and tidy that they all collapsed to the ground, huffing and puffing as they were bleeding out.

"As I said," Ahsoka declared, using the Force to move the handles of her lightsabers against one of the Sith's robes to clean them off, "I always love a little challenge."