Chapter 25 ~ Gray Strong

Okay, yeah, that was a really long wait.

I'm going to apologize, but at the same time, I think the break was great for me. I had some time to relax, ride my horse, analyze what I'm planning on doing with this book, and come up with some new ideas.

But, without further ado, here is the next chapter!

"Look, I'm sorry Lux! I didn't really mean to be knocked out cold for a few days."

    Ahsoka could tell through the hologram that Lux seemed slightly more relaxed, but the majority of his body was still extremely tense. By the time that the Togruta had recuperated from successfully healing Caceryn, it had already been way past the point of time where Lux and Anakin had grown extremely anxious.

    "Just... please don't go off and nap for several days in a row. You deserve it my 'Soka, but it terrifies me when you don't respond. Where are you, anyway?"

    Well, that was going to be difficult to answer. Did Lux even know about Dantooine? It was a topic rarely discussed in general, so she doubted that the senator would have a clue.

    "I... uh... have you ever heard of a planet named Dantooine?"

    Lux sat still for a moment, pondering, before finally replying, "Yes, a time or two before. What are you doing there? Have you been kidnapped? Are there... men there?"

    Ahsoka laughed at Lux's panicked voice. "No, I'm not kidnapped. It's kind of my home, in a way, it's hard to explain."

    "You still didn't answer my last question."

    "No," Ahsoka returned with a roll of her eyes, "unless you count a 12-year-old, then no."

    "That's good. Just... just come back soon. I can't live without you."

    Ahsoka chuckled and shook her head before firing back sarcastically, "Needy much?" Lux was apparently not fazed in the slightest. Instead, a crap-eating grin spread itself across his face.

    "It feels good to be needed though, doesn't it?" He countered, giving her a knowing glance through the blue-toned hologram.

    Ahsoka could only respond by looking away as her lekku quickly morphed into a deep, vibrant navy. She hoped that Lux wouldn't notice, but she knew he would be able to spot it a mile away, despite the fact that the color change would be diluted through the hologram.

    "May...maybe," she sputtered, resulting in a chuckle erupting from the senator's mouth.

    "Well, I believe I have some people calling me. Just... come home soon, alright? I know both me and Anakin are anxious for your return."

    "Okay," Ahsoka relented, "and if you get the chance, would you mind telling him I'm sorry for being out of contact for three days? I'll try not to blackout again."

    "Alright," Lux laughed. He hesitated for a moment, looked around at his surroundings, and quietly said, "Love you, 'Soka."

    "Love you too, Lux."    

            ±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-±-

    "Well, of all the things I missed, the hike to the Temple is definitely not one of them,"  Ahsoka grumbled as she shuffled her feet along. Of course, she could always just manipulate her body into flying the whole way there since she had worked on it plenty during her training with Sidious, but Caceryn had been adamant about hiking there with her. Ahsoka had no clue why the woman had decided to do this. Perhaps as a recreation of their original adventure together? Perhaps to enjoy the fact that she had finally gained use of her legs after a long time of battling for survival? The Togruta was still stumped at this.