Chapter 15 ~ Discoveries on Kamino

Alright, time for another update! Sorry that this took a little bit longer than planned, a storm blew through last night and I had to spend a while trying to get our horses ready for it. Enjoy!

"Hey Anakin," Ahsoka greeted as she stepped into the training room that her master was currently practicing in. He had a total of five programmed droids shooting at him, but deflecting the fire was not a challenge for him. If anything, he was just keeping in shape for his next mission.

    "What's up Snips?" He asked as he removed his helmet and powered off the bots.

    "There's something I'd like to ask you," Ahsoka began, sitting down on a bench at the edge of the room. Anakin plopped down right beside her, making her playfully wrinkle her nose in disgust.

    "Let me guess. You want to go off planet?"

    "You know me too well," Ahsoka laughed.

    "Well, seeing that you've taken after me, it's not surprising. One condition though," Anakin replied, holding up a finger to indicate one, "I get to leave this stupid Temple and come with you."

    "Anakin!" Ahsoka exclaimed, lightly slugging him in the arm, "that's no way to talk about your home!"

    "Who's saying it's my home," Anakin rolled his eyes.

    "Alright," Ahsoka conceded, "where's your home then?" One sour look from Anakin made Ahsoka realize she hit a soft spot. She vaguely remembered something about her master's mother dying on Tatooine, the planet he was raised to be a slave on. "You know, your home doesn't have to be a certain place. It's where you heart is."

    Anakin then smiled at this. For some strange reason, she had an impulse to see what he was thinking. So, through her master and padawan bond, she... did.

    To say what she found was shocking in the least.

    "ANAKIN JEFFERSON SKYWALKER!"

    Anakin froze instantly. If any of you didn't know, hearing a female of any type scream your entire name was terrifying. Let alone if you didn't even know what they were talking about.

    "Yes Snips?" Anakin asked meekly, trying to sound as innocent as he could. Apparently that didn't fly with the Togruta.

    "Recite the Jedi Code to me, word for word."

    Shoot.

    "There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force."

    "And you know what is about to save your bantha behind right now?" Ahsoka fired, making the Jedi Knight cower even more. He had no absolute clue on how it was possible, but he was pretty sure that he and Padme had just been discovered.

    "What?" He timidly asked.

    "I don't give a kriff about those stupid rules," Ahsoka cracked a smile.

    "You... you know?" Anakin asked.

    "No," Ahsoka deadpanned, "I just decided to make you randomly state the code for no reason."

    "Well," Anakin chuckled, "this is awkward."

    "So," Ahsoka said in a sing-song, taunting voice, "you and the senator, huh?"

    Anakin blushed profusely and turned away from his padawan. "No... no it isn't like that."

    "Well then," Ahsoka countered, obviously not impressed, "tell me what it's like."