Chapter 27 ~ Who She Is

Didn't think you'd hear from me so soon, huh?

WELL GUESS WHAT BIOSHES?

I'M BACK.

AND I'M GOING TO ASSAULT YOU WITH ANOTHER WEIRD, HORRIBLE CHAPTER.

SO HERE WE GO!

Look at what you've become.

Look at who you are.

Who you were.

You came from a history of nothing. You were nothing. No parents, no attachments...

But look at you now.

Pictures of her memory flashed through Ahsoka's mind. They were of her many successes; her blowing up Hondo's ship, finding the Gray Jedi Temple, overcoming the chains that Sidious had put her in against her will, besting Sidious in combat... the slideshow of images just went on and on. It showcased her bravery, her honor, and everything in between that she had strived towards.

But you weren't always like this.

Everyone has their own starting place, right? Their failures?

Now Ahsoka was looking at tales from history that weren't as fresh. Some were of times that she had practically flunked youngling training, with other pesky little kids teasing her all the way. She had been a much later bloomer than most, starting off as talented but not really developing until right before she was granted the position of Anakin's padawan. Or, perhaps, they were little clips from times that she had made a bad call during some of the battles she had fought with Anakin and the clones, costing many lives.

Memories like these were indeed quite painful. It reminded her of how much of a failure she had and has been. However, that was all a part of life, right? You couldn't succeed without learning a lesson? All of these times had taught the Togruta something extremely important: you can't ever give up. The universe repays those who try and put in the effort with a little bit of good luck and fortune.

So is that what makes you a person?

Or, in some other terms, human?

You aren't exempt from the trials and difficulties that a normal person goes through.

Then why are you so different?

So important?

Why are you special?

To be honest, Ahsoka didn't know. Why had the Force chosen her to pass on the Gray Jedi heritage to? Why had it gifted her with the ability to converse with celestials like the Daughter, Son, and Father?

Ahsoka had powers that probably nobody else would ever be able to equal. She could destroy entire planets with her mind. Fly with the flick of her fingers. Find answers to the galaxy's problems with a single meditation session.

So, why her? What did the Force intend to do with her life?

You're supposed to save the galaxy.

With what?

Yourself? Hope?

Your mind is closed off to what you could do. What you need to do.