Arc 3.17

Lifan internally sneered. Perhaps, his lover was being too comfortable thinking that everything would go his way since he was the Emperor.

Pride and arrogance were instilled in his bones ever since he was young so he couldn't blame him for being this way.

But.

Dear, I'm sorry but I am not an easy catch like you think.

Recalling how much trouble this guy just brought to him, Lifan no longer went easy on him and decided to teach him how to properly behave in this relationship!

With all eyes on him, Lifan displayed no cowardice on his face and decisively said,’’It is impossible for us.’’

The elderly couple was shocked and rather confused by their son's announcement but Muchen who was his supposed husband was even more taken aback by this news.

His expression was still stoic but if one were to look closely, one could see that his pair of deep eyes actually contained a hint of panic.

Muchen may have come off strong but deep down he was full of tension.

He knew he was wrong but his instinct was practically telling him to do whatever he could to tie this person to him.

Otherwise, he would slip through his fingers and disappear from his sight completely.

His little one has always been rather meek and timid in front of him, therefore, Muchen thought of pushing the boat with the current and letting the elders misunderstand their relationship.

[A/N: To push the boat with the current = to take advantage of the situation.]

After achieving this feat, it wouldn't be too late to make a lie turn into the truth.

However, to his bewilderment, not only did his little one remain quiet but he even outrightly rejected his marriage proposal in such a firm tone!

... Does he hate him that much?

Muchen’s face hardened letting others have the impression that he was angry. Despite this being the case, Lifan who was usually afraid of him looked straight at him with genuine confusion in his eyes.

‘’I don’t know why you go out of your way to lie about our relationship but please stop. Both of us know exactly what we are."

Bad premonitions started to creep in and Muchen hurriedly explained, ’’About that matter…I—‘’

‘’Masters! The head of the Lu family is here!’’

Seeing his apologetic face while explaining, Lifan was sure that he would likely admit his fault and ask for forgiveness but who knew that at this critical conjuncture, a servant suddenly barged in ruining everything!

Who is that motherfucker!

Not to mention Lifan who was angry even Muchen frowned in dissatisfaction at being interrupted.

His marriage life is currently in danger!

The Lu head who might possibly accumulate his misfortune for 8 generations accidentally incurred the Emperor’s wrath just by doing nothing.

Lu Shang who didn’t know anything was currently clouded with fury when his son came back in such a miserable state!

Humph! This An family was merely some entertainers but they actually dared to challenge his Lu family!

‘’Damn you, An family comes out to meet this Laozi immediately!’’

Li Shao deeply frowned upon hearing this. If he knew that the Lu family was uncultured just like this, he wouldn’t even let them step into his house!