Chapter 18

THE PHOENIX KING

Aang and Persephone were dueling one another

Aang and Persephone were dueling one another. Orange flames against white and Aang was blocking her moves instead of actually fighting. Zuko could see this, the girl giving it her all while she jumped into the air, bending the flames at her will to shoot out of her feet and surround Aang, but he smiled and just broke off the flames and let them sizzle out.

"More ferocious. Imagine striking through your opponent's heart." Zuko said, Aang punching out flames while Persephone flipped around him, going to the ground and kicking his feet out from under him.

"Ugh, I'm trying." Aang said, glaring at the girl while Persephone helped him up.

"Now let me hear you roar like a tiger-dillo." Zuko yelled at him.

Aang did so, only small flames leaving his palms and mouth. "Rarr." He said, smiling weakly at Zuko.

"That sounded pathetic. I said roar." Zuko trained him.

Aang then roared, large flames out of both palms and his mouth that were ten feet high.

"Who wants a nice, cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara asked.

"Ooh, ooh, me, me, me." Aang yelled, running towards the Water Bender as Zuko pulled him back.

"Hey, your lesson's not over yet, get back here."
Zuko said, pulling Aang off the ground as he was about to bring him back to training.

"Come on, Zuko. Just take a break, what's the big deal?" Suki asked while Persephone frowned.

"Maybe that Sozen's comet is three days away?" She asked, Suki raising an eyebrow.

"Fine. If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail-sloths all day, then go ahead." Zuko said, Persephone grabbing onto his arm and pulling him away to calm him down.

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change that..." Sokka said while taking off his clothes. "Beach party!" He yelled and everyone got into the water.

Persephone watched them, angry at them for not understanding the lack of training Aang has. "Do they not understand that Sozin's comet will be here soon? I thought the point of Aang learning all four elements was to take him down before then." She muttered, Zuko looking at her.

"Well, Aang has to. If he doesn't, my father is going to burn the entire Earth Kingdom on the day of the comet." He breathed out, Persephone's eyes widened.