Chapter 16

THE SOUTHERN RAIDERS

Everyone was sleeping soundly at the air temple, Persephone having been curled into Zuko's chest from the cold wind, having moved in her sleep, because she remembers specifically being close to Aang when she fell asleep

Everyone was sleeping soundly at the air temple, Persephone having been curled into Zuko's chest from the cold wind, having moved in her sleep, because she remembers specifically being close to Aang when she fell asleep. But when she woke up, she was in the arms of the banished Fire Prince. She sighed, looking around the temple to see it was peaceful, and she closed her eyes again, nuzzling her head closer to his chest.

Zuko was already, awake, having his eyes staring over his soulmate in his arms with a small smile planted on his lips, a quiet sigh leaving his mouth as he closed his eyes to rest.

Aang was one of the first people to be fully awake, seeing a bomb being thrown into the temple and he quickly flew it away from them. The large rumble caused everyone to get up, Persephone being the first while she tied her hair up.

"We are under attack! Everyone get your things and start heading out!" She yelled, running towards Aang as she saw battle ships flying towards the western air temple.

Aang rushed towards the barrier, closing it and locking it up to stop the bombs from coming in and Persephone sighed.

She saw the roof coming down, her eyes widened while she ran to Katara and pushed her out of the way. "Watch out!" She yelled, Katara groaning.

"What are you doing?" She asked her angrily.

"Keeping rocks from crushing you." She breathed out.

She rolled her eyes, slipping away while Persephone groaned. "'Thanks Persephone for saving my life.' 'No problem, Katara.'" She talked to herself while she got up as well.

Toph and Haru opened a passage way for everyone to escape, Persephone stopping in her tracks. "Come on, we can get out through here." Toph said, Persephone not being able to do it. She turned away, seeing Appa fighting Aang as well.

"What are you doing?" Aang asked, seeing Zuko not leaving.

"Go ahead, I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit." Zuko said, Persephone furrowing her eyebrows while he left and she looked to Aang.

"I have to help him!" She yelled, going after him.

"Zuko, Persephone, no!" Aang yelled. Zuko and Persephone went out, firing at the battleships while Azula rose up, Persephone glaring at her.

"Did you not have enough from our last visit?" She asked angrily.

"What are you doing here?" Zuko asked.