Chapter 6

THE AVATAR AND THE FIRE LORD

Persephone was up, staring at the fire in front of her as she couldn't sleep

Persephone was up, staring at the fire in front of her as she couldn't sleep. Zuko's thoughts were so loud, the boy wanting to talk to her, and she just looked to the ground, not wanting to deal with him at the moment. She bit her lip, feeling a small ache and a small voice. 'Persephone, please.' It whispered soothingly in her head. She groaned, getting up and walking away from the campsite. She turned a corner, making sure not to wake up the others and turned around, seeing Zuko standing in front of her with a robe over his shoulders.

"What in the spirits' name do you want?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest while he sighed.

"I need you're help. I got this note and- -"

"I'm not your therapist." She whispered loudly at him. Her blood was boiling, shaking her fists in anger.

"But, it's about you and you're father- -"

"I don't care about him!" She yelled, getting fed up and tears in her eyes. "My father was a selfish man who left my mother when he found out she was pregnant. So, drop it." She growled at him, only for someone to tap her shoulder.

"Persephone?" Sokka asked, the girl jumping ten feet in the air and holding her chest.

"Sokka!" She yelled, looking around and seeing that Zuko was gone. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. It's just that..." she paused, not knowing how to tell him.

"Zuko?" He asked, the girl looking to the ground, disappointed that he could see it.

"Yes." She replied, Sokka wrapping an arm around her shoulder and walking her back to the campfire.

"When was the last time you got some good sleep?" He asked, the girl smiling slightly at him.

"It's been a while." She admitted sheepishly.

"Well, then you're sleeping with me." He said, pulling her sleeping bag over to him and helped her get inside.

She sighed, closing her eyes and snuggling into Sokka's chest. "Thank you, Sokka." She breathed out, the boy wrapping his arms around her as he smiled softly and kissed the top of her head.

"Go to sleep, Persephone. He won't bother you." He told her, but little did they know with Persephone's guard down, Zuko stood a little bit away from the group, now understanding how it felt when Persephone saw him with Mai, his heart aching at the two falling asleep.

He left, and as the night went on, Aang had a vision of Avatar Roku, and mumbled in his sleep. "Okay, Roku." He breathed out, Persephone only hearing it like a whisper throughout the night.