Chapter 11

THE ECLIPSE

Persephone was running towards a different approach, having no idea how she knew of where to go, but it was a feeling

Persephone was running towards a different approach, having no idea how she knew of where to go, but it was a feeling. She could feel it deep down in her heart where to go, her mind was closed while she followed her heart, literally. She stopped at a cave, her eyes wide with curiosity while she blinked and bit her lip. She looked up at the sky, seeing the moon's shape coming closer towards the sun. She took a deep breath, stepping inside and she ran again.

Her feet carried her to an unfamiliar tunnel, taking turns and paths while she made a quick left turn, bumping into something hard and landing on top of it. She groaned, the person under her groaning as well and she looked down, golden eyes staring back at her.

She felt her heart skip a beat, his warmth radiating on her body while she smiled down at him. He was so surprised that she had found him, not thinking she would actually do it as he saw her eyes light up just at the sight of him. "Persephone." He breathed out, the girl gasping out a chuckle as she hugged him tightly.

"Zuko." She whispered, feeling his arms snake around her waist and she melted into his touch. It was such a strange feeling, her body knew exactly where he was, because it tingled wherever he touched.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, the girl smiling at him.

"I'm helping you. You're going to need it. You can't face your father alone." She said, pulling away from the hug as she helped him up. She grabbed onto his hand and smiled at him.

"How did you know where I was?" He questioned, not because he didn't want her there, but because no one knew of these tunnels except for the royal palace of the Fire Nation.

"I'm your soulmate stupid. I'll always know where you are." She said, and she felt his hand clenched around her's.

"I thought you were going to stay with the Avatar." He muttered, hearing his sad tone and she shook her head.

"You need me more. Now come on, you're going to face your father." She told him, walking towards a metal door.

The girl saw his struggle, the boy staring at it while she grabbed his hand. "I'm ready to face you." He muttered, and they went to the door and opened it.

Fire Lord Ozai was sipping on tea, his guards in front of him while the girl stopped breathing. "Prince Zuko and his little soulmate, Persephone, wasn't it?" He asked, looking over her. "What are you doing here?" He asked them.

They walked over towards the Fire Lord, Persephone allowing Zuko to take his chance. "Why are you here?" He asked, Zuko looking to her and she nods her head.