Chapter 2

THE AWAKENING

Persephone was next to Katara and Toph, watching the waves roll past the boat while they heard someone fall on deck

Persephone was next to Katara and Toph, watching the waves roll past the boat while they heard someone fall on deck. They turned around and saw Aang grabbing at his wounds. "Momo?" He asked, the lemur jumping on him and licking his cheek.

"Twinkle-toes, that's got to be you." Toph said happily, Persephone grinning.

"That's why my back was hurting today." She teased, going towards him.

"Aang, you're awake." Katara stated.

"Are you sure? I feel like I'm dreaming." Aang said while rubbing his eyes, seeing everyone in Fire Nation armor.

"You're not dreaming. You're finally awake." Katara said, giving the boy a hug.

"Aang, good to see you back with the living, buddy." Sokka said, walking up to him with his Fire Nation mask on.

"Sokka?" Aang asked, and he started sighing, his eyes rolling to the back of his head while Persephone went to grab him.

"Uh-oh, somebody catch him. He's gonna..." Toph started and Persephone slid into her knees to wrap her arms safely around him.

"I got you." She whispered, looking to everyone and biting her lip while Appa growled.

<><><>

When Aang woke back up, Persephone wrapped her robe around him to make sure he stayed warm, the girl smiling at him happily. "Why are we in a Fire Nation ship? Why is everyone dressed this way? And why am I the only one who's completely out of it?" Aang asked, Persephone looking to Katara so she could help her.

"You need to take it easy, okay? You got hurt pretty bad." Katara said, Aang grabbing at his wounds as Persephone sighed.

"You're going to be fine, Aang." Persephone said to him.

"I like your hair." Katara complemented.

"I have hair?" He asked, grabbing at it. "How Long was I out?" He kept asking questions.

"A few weeks." Katara told him.

"Everything okay?" Hakoda asked, who was Katara's dad.

"We're fine, Dad." Katara said with a snippy attitude.

"I'm Hakoda, Katara and Sokka's father." He greeted.