Chapter 5

SOKKA'S MASTER

There was a beautiful meteor shower in the sky one night, Persephone looking up at the sky while her eyes were staring over the hundreds of comets falling from the stars

There was a beautiful meteor shower in the sky one night, Persephone looking up at the sky while her eyes were staring over the hundreds of comets falling from the stars. She smiled happily, looking at Toph and frowned, going closer to the girl. "Just imagine thousands of bright light streaks above you with the stars brightly lighting up the sky." She told Toph, the twelve year old smiling.

"That sounds beautiful." Toph said to her, the girls smiling and Persephone looking back up.

"Wow, this is amazing to watch." Katara told everyone.

"Kind of makes you realize how insignificant we are." Sokka muttered.

"Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it one thousand times." Toph grumbled and everyone gasped at one large meteor coming their way.

"Oh, man. You've never bit seen anything like this." Sokka said and the meteor crashed a few miles away from them into the ground. They decided to head towards the fire, trying to make it calm down. "The fire is gonna destroy that town." Katara told everyone.

"Not if we can stop it." Aang said and everyone got off Appa while Katara went to go get some water to help with the flames. Persephone in this moment felt helpless. She couldn't tame the fire and she sat down on the ground, watching as Toph, Aang, and Katara got the fire out and she frowned.

She saw one little flame reach her and she glared at it, putting her hand out and trying to bend it to grow. She groaned, trying to pull out some sort of bending and she sighed, seeing it sizzle out.

She looked at Sokka who was watching her, and she looked away, not wanting to deal with him knowing she was weak.

<><><>

Persephone decided the next day she wanted to be alone. She was out, trying to train herself back to her normal self. She started with meditating, her legs crossed and her eyes closed, feeling the wind blow around her and she took in a deep breath.

She tried to pull her bending from deep down and she blew out, only for a puff of smoke to come out and not a flame. She groaned, slouching down and kicking out her legs while she felt someone reach down into her mind.

"Persephone." She heard, a small whisper and she opened her eyes and saw Zuko in front of her. She frowned, glaring at him while he still had his eyes closed and she poked his forehead.

He gasped, the girl chuckling and crossing her arms over her chest. "What do you want, Zuko? Finally realized that we can communicate." She muttered, looking to the ground, still hurt by the fact that he chose Mai over her.