This Boy

Tenten

We're just walking down the streets of Konoha. I was still holding his hand. He seems to be a lot less tense now. That's good. He was really shocked earlier when he seen me. I can see why. This isn't my style. I still can't believe I was attacked by those evil witches. This dress is so short! My hair is in the way! They even painted my toes! Sigh. I just hope Neji likes it. He didn't say much when he saw me, so I'm not sure what he thinks.

"I'm sorry if the girls went a little overboard."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you know, the dress, the makeup, the hair."

"I happen to think you look stunning."

"O-oh. Thank you."

I was flustered. This still kind of felt like a dream. Neji Hyuga think I, Tenten, am stunning? Oh my heart is fluttering!

"Although..."

"Hmm?"

"I think you're stunning no matter how you look."

He smiled warmly. Who is this Neji? He's usually so awkward. He doesn't know how to flirt! Right?

My eyes begin to wander across him. He was dressed fairly nice. You would think he was prepared for our date. Neji always dressed like this though. He had on some plain black pants with a nice crisp white dress top. It was plain but he made it look classy. I glanced down and looked at his pocket. There's some kind of book sticking out. Hold on. Is that... is that Sai's book!? No. It can't be. Neji wouldn't do something like this. I pulled the book out of his pocket.

"Uh, Neji?"

"Yeah?"

I waved the book in the air and gave a puzzled expression. He looked back at me. He gave a blank face, he didn't seem embarrassed or anything.

"Oh, the book. It dropped out of Sai's bag as he was running. I was going to return it next time I see him."

Ahh alright, now that explains it. I knew Neji wouldn't need to read a human interaction book.

Neji stopped in his tracks. He looked at the Yamanaka flower shop.

"Wait here Tenten."

Neji went into the flower shop. Aww! Neji's getting me flowers! He's so sweet.

"Hello Tenten."

I turned and was greeted by Sai. He had a big smile on his face.

"Oh, Hey Sai."

"You look nice. What are you doing just standing out here? Are you an escort?"

My eye twitched. It twitched again. Again. And Again. You know what. I'm not even going to react. I'm on a date, I'm supposed to be happy. Happy Tenten.

"No. I'm on a date with Neji."

"Oh yeah, he told me about that. He asked to borrow my book for tips."

Wow. He lied. Right to my face. Wow.

"I'm back Ten."

I turned around ready to yell at him, but when I looked he was holding a bouquet of flowers. There were carnations, roses, and lavenders.

"I know lavenders are your favorite, but I felt carnations or roses would be more appropriate. I couldn't decide, so I got all three."

"Oh my god, Neji! These are beautiful, thank you!"

"Neji may I have my book back?"

"..."

I completely forgot about that! I'm supposed to be mad at him! Oh, but these flowers are so nice. No, Tenten. That's what he wants. He's trying to manipulate you with romance. Heh, nice try Hyuga.