Thank The Heavens

Neji

I didn't sleep at all last night. I've been up all night contemplating my next approach with Tenten. How would I even communicate with her from this point on? I screwed up. I may be a genius, but I have no idea how I'm going to fix this. This is going to be an uncomfortable travel.

"What are you still doing out here Neji?"

"Oh, Tenten. I was just getting... some..."

"What?!"

Ten's eyes were puffy and red. There were dry tear marks down her face. She looked like she didn't get any rest last night. My face dropped. I was extremely hurt. It hurt to see Tenten like this.

"Tenten... your face..."

"What about it?!"

"..."

"Whatever. Come on we're leaving."

Sigh. She's so drained, and it's all my fault.

I walked over to where we were camped out. Everything was packed up. They were all standing there talking, waiting on me. Well, that's not entirely true. Lee and Guy Sensei were talking, Tenten was just standing there. She had such a... blank expression. I couldn't even read it. She glared at me as I walked up. I gave her soft expression. She rolled her eyes then turned in the opposite direction of me. I've never seen Tenten like this. I..

"Neji! I challenge you!"

"Lee. We are about to head out."

"Excuses! That does not matter! We can battle and continue on our journey at the same time!"

"... How..?"

Annnddd Lee combusted again. What the hell is wrong with him?! How can one have so much energy? Why am I still questioning it?!

I suddenly see Guy Sensei place his hand on Lee's shoulder, as if he was telling him to relax. Thank the heavens.

"I love your enthusiasm Lee. Very youthful if I do say so myself. But unfortunately, right now is not the time."

Could it be? For once Guy Sensei is being... normal? I don't believe it. There's has got to be a catch to this.

"Simply because... Our stern, cold Neji... is having some girl problems!"

"Is that true Neji?! Are you and the youthful Tenten having relationship mishaps?!"

"..."

"..."

Are you fucking kidding me? This is a dream, correct?

"Can you not tell Lee? Tenten hasn't spoken to Neji since he's walked over here. This is not their usual youthful energy at all!"

"Well what should we do Guy Sensei? We have to help bring the spark back!"

"Now now remember Lee, These situations can be touchy. But with youth, anything is possible!"

"You're so wise Guy Sensei! When do w- AHH!"

Tenten had threw a kunai about a half an inch away Lee's face into a tree. She shot a look at them. Her eyes were like daggers. Yamato's scary face has nothing on Tenten's right now.

"I won't miss next time."

And with that, Tenten started walking away. I turned and looked at Lee. He and Guy Sensei were petrified. I rolled my eyes and began following behind Tenten.

"It's pleasing to see your accuracy is still proficient."

Tenten

"Is this your way of apologizing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Complimenting something that you already know about?"

Neji looked down as if he was ashamed. He looks stressed. I know he feels bad, but I feel like I should milk it. He deserves it.

"You're so stuck up that you can't even apologize properly? That's really sad."

"Tch!"

Yeah. Feel that pain. Bitch.

"Tenten you know I never meant to hurt your feelings."

"But you did. That's the point."

"I promise to make it up to you... somehow."

"Hmph."

I don't like being mad at Neji, but damn it! He really hurt me last night. I didn't get any sleep, I cried all night. I can't lie though, I like the feeling of him fishing for my attention. Obviously I'm not telling him that though.

We've been traveling for a few hours now and Neji has been by my side the entire time. He's even offered to carry me if I start getting tired. I should start being mad at him more, I could get used to this.

"Are you alright Tenten?"

I nodded. He had a soft expression on his face. He seems satisfied to be catering to me. He must really feel bad because Neji is never like this.

"Oh. Don't get used to this. I'm only doing this because you're upset with me."

"Then I'll just stay upset with you."

"We both know you can't do that."

"And what makes you think that?"

"You're smiling right now."

I rolled my eyes. He was right. I can't stay mad at Neji for too long. He's an idiot when it comes to romance. It's expected.

"So do you forgive me yet?"

"Yeah Tenten, do you forgive the youthful Neji?!"

"What the hell is wrong with you Lee?!"

"Huh? What have I done Neji?"

"What do you mean?! Where did you even come from?!"

"From right behind you. Did you forget we were here?"

I couldn't help but laugh. It's enjoyable to see Neji worked up over Lee like that. But that's a good question. Do I forgive him? I mean, he really hurt my feelings.

"I don't know Neji. What happened last night was really over the line. I don't think that's something I can just get over. I need time to-..."

"I'll take you to the weapons shop and get you anything you want."

"Okay. I'm sold."

Neji laughed a bit. He also looked relieved. Then he did something I didn't really expect. He grabbed me and pulled me in to a hug.

"Thank the heavens."

It was so warm and I felt so secure. I could help but hug him back tightly. I buried my face in his chest and just took in his scent. He smelled so good. I know it's only been a day, but it felt like an eternity.

*Sniff sniff*

"It's so... beautiful."

"I know Lee... I know."

"We did it Guy Sensei."

Neji looked over at them with a confused and concerned look, then looked back at me.

"What did they do again?"

I shrugged.