Hang Out

Neji

Hinata looked at me with wide eyes. She also grinned. Then started to giggling. It started making me anxious.

"What? What!? What's so funny!?"

She started laughing more.

"It's just... you're capable of having romantic interests?"

What? How is that funny? Me having love interests? I have feelings even though I don't show them a lot. Actually, I never show them. Still, that's not the point.

"Yeah yeah, laugh it up."

"So, why don't you just tell her?"

"Fate."

"Fate?"

"Fate."

Hinata looked at me with a sour face. I think I knew what she was thinking. 'Oh Neji, give it a chance. Change your fate.' Hinata was always so... loving. She was just so naive. You can not change fate. It is what it is. But then she said something that shocked me.

"Screw fate. Live your own life"

"Huh!?"

I was shocked to hear Hinata speak that way. Especially against my beliefs. What's gotten into her? Is her shy stage over? Oh no, she's hanging around Sakura too much.

"W-Well remember the chunin exams.. what N-N-Naruto said about... destiny..."

Aaaannnd she's back. But I guess she's right. Even still, dating Tenten would interfere with our team, our work, or training, our mission outcome. If I want to keep up with Hyuga title, we must remain platonic. No relations.

We've arrived back to the Hyuga mansion. Hinata sits in the living area and begins to knit. She's been doing that for a while. Looks like a scarf maybe. I was going to sit with her for a while. That was until I heard the most annoying voice. More annoying than Naruto's.

"Oh Neeejiiiiiiii"

Hanabi. Not tonight. Please no. Not tonight. I'm going to bed. Immediately.

~The Next Morning~
Tenten

I don't get it. Why the hell does Guy Sensei have us training at the crack of dawn!? Is 12pm not a reasonable time? Why the hell is Lee so excited? He's literally on fire! I look over at Neji, he seems annoyed too. Well, at least I'm not alone.

"Why does Guy Sensei always have us out this early? Doesn't he know girls need their beauty sleep?"

"Then you must not be a girl then."

... What. The hell. Did he. Just... My eyebrow twitches. Did... Did Neji just call me a boy!? I look up at him and he has this "Wtf did I just say" look on his face.

"W-What I meant was, you don't need beauty sleep."

Oh he was flirting with me. He sucks at it. Wait... Neji was flirting with me!? Am I tripping out? I look back at him. He was blushing. Neji is usually pretty hard to figure out, but this is ridiculous! I decided to just leave it alone.

It's about 3pm now and training is finally over. My body is aching. I might go to the bath house and take a nice soak. Maybe I'll Ask Hinata to go with me. I heard Temari's in the village, maybe all the girls can get together tonight.

"Well, I'm heading back to the mansion. I'll see you later."

"Actually, I was going to walk with you. I was going to visit Hinata."

Neji paused for a second, then shrugged and began to walk. I guess he's back to his normal self. I hope.

"What are you visiting Hinata for?"

"What? A boy can't hang with a girl?"

I chuckled, but Neji became noticeable embarrassed. He turned red.

"You know what I meant by that..."

Neji spoke in a shy voice. This was weird. What's wrong with him? I shouldn't push it. But I really wanted to know.

"What's up with you Neji?"

"Hn?"

"You're... different"

"I am not."

He knows what I mean. The tone he answered in was pretty shaky. Like he's nervous that I'm noticing. I don't know what's wrong with him. But I'll figure it out.

We finally arrived at the mansion. Hinata was actually already outside in the garden. She was sitting with Kiba and Akamaru.

"Hey Hinata."

"Oh hello Tenten. I see you're with Neji again."

Hinata said that with a smirk, not really sure why though.

"Actually, I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the bath house tonight. I heard Temari was in the village, all the girls can go."

"Yeah, that sounds fun! Let's go find the rest of the girls."

Hinata got up and said bye to Neji and Kiba. I did the same and walked away with Hinata.

Neji

You're slipping up Neji. She's noticing how you're acting. I sat down in the garden and took a deep breath. I was lost in thought. I actually forgot Kiba was here. Maybe him being here is a good thing. But is he really a good person to talk to? ... Nope.

"Hey Kiba, do you know where Shino is?"

"... I've been here the entire time..."

What the hell!? He was here the entire time? How did I not know this? Did he use the transformation jutsu? I have the byakugan and I'm not able to notice a person 6 feet away from me? I'm losing it.

"Let's hang out."

"I am fine with that. Why you ask? It is simple. Beca-..."

"Great. Let's go"

A dark shadow falls over shino's face. I'm not sure why, but I just continued walking. He followed behind. I felt like I was forgetting something, it's probably nothing.

"Uh, guys?" Kiba said as we walked away.