Chapter 13: A Little Trouble

What was it about Lexa that made Clarke feel so calm and protected, experiencing the best night sleep she'd had in ages?

It was the second time she had woken up with Lexa's warm body next to hers and if it hadn't been for the annoying buzzing of the alarm clock, Clarke wasn't sure she would've ever abandoned that safe haven she had found in the brunette's arms.

Lexa, however, didn't seem to be disturbed by the sound, as she was profoundly asleep with her face hidden in the back of Clarke's neck, hugging her from behind and accidentally cupping one of the blonde's breasts with her hand. Clarke hadn't even noticed it, until she reached over to the bedside table to turn off the alarm on the phone.

The moment she moved, Lexa tightened the grip, unwilling to interrupt the moment of comfort she was experiencing in her sleep.

Clarke turned off the alarm, a smile cropping up on her face as she gently stroked Lexa's forearm, hoping she would recognize her touch and slowly wake up.

"Lexa..." she spoke softly.

"Mmm..." Lexa moaned, refusing to open her eyes.

"Wake up..." Clarke's smile widened, finding the sounds Lexa made extremely adorable.

"Mmm... No..." the brunette moved, but only to pull Clarke even closer.

"But... we need to get ready... And as much as I'm enjoying the massage, I really need to use the bathroom," Clarke insisted, finally getting Lexa's attention.

"Huh?" Lexa frowned before she lifted her head and opened her eyes, suddenly becoming aware of the position of her hand. "Oh, shit!" she removed it immediately and rolled on her back, covering her face with her hands. "I'm... sorry... I didn't.... I... I'm sorry..."

Clarke chuckled as she turned around and leaned on her elbow, facing Lexa.

"Lexa... It's fine, really... don't be embarrassed about it... look at me..." she said, seeing that Lexa was reluctant to move her hands away from her face.

Lexa revealed one side of her face, visibly flushed and managed to look at Clarke, who was smiling at her.

"They're not that sensitive, anyway," Clarke continued. "Really... If I had a dollar for every time Octavia squeezed them..."

"Octavia?" Lexa frowned.

"Yeah... My bra size went from 34B to 34D the summer before senior year in high school and back then I was pretty ashamed of my body... until Octavia pointed out that a lot of women go through very painful and expensive surgical procedures to have breasts like mine and she really helped me feel comfortable in my own skin... As a thank you, I let her squeeze them now and then," Clarke laughed.

"Oh..." Lexa smiled, feeling a bit more relaxed.

"You think it's weird, don't you?"

"No, no... I was just thinking how lucky you were to have had her as a friend in high school... Puberty wasn't fun at all..."

"Well... it looks like it did you well," Clarke winked playfully at her. "Don't get me wrong, judging from the photos on the wall, you were an adorable child..." she continued as she sat up and touched the floor with her feet. "But now..." she turned her head and looked at Lexa. "You're drop-dead gorgeous."

Clarke smiled before she got up, leaving a flushed and a bit confused Lexa behind, as she walked into the bathroom.

A silly smile curved Lexa's lips, letting Clarke's words sink in before replaying the moment in her head.

Clarke had called her gorgeous.

Drop-dead gorgeous, to be specific.

Was that a sign that she felt the same?