03 | Mangekyou Sharingan Awakens

2 years later

Keiko lay in bed, staring up at the sky through her ceiling-less room. She had a bad feeling, but she didn't know why. She put a hand over her heart, and gripped it tightly. It hurt, like something precious had been taken from her. Lately, she had been staying inside more. Gaara hadn't been coming to the sandboxes anymore, and when he did she saw this kanji on his forehead. She tried to talk to him, but he would just disappear or ignore her. Temari and Kankuro haven't been around either. So, she only made puppets. Chiyo and Ebizo had been worried about her as well, she had been getting more quiet, distant, and her cheerful personality was gone. 

Flashback - 1 year ago

"Granny Chiyo?" 

Chiyo looked down at Keiko, "Yes dear?"

"Whenever I'm around Gaara...I feel this strange feeling in my stomach. I get all nervous, and I can feel my face heat up... And I-I feel like I want to be with him forever, in his embrace, a-and i want to protect him at all costs.. What's that feeling?" Keiko asked.

Chiyo chuckled, "Well Keiko, that's called love. It's a strange feeling, but it makes you do crazy things."

End of Flashback

My heart...it hurts...why? she thought to herself, then looked down. 

She sat up, staring down at her legs.

"You've hidden yourself quite well, Keiko." 

She shot her head up, and was met by the masked mans face. He was across the room, shadows hiding his body. 

"S-stay away!" she called out, then threw a kunai that was at her bedside table at him. 

Keiko rubbed her eyes, thinking she was going mad. The kunai had just gone right through him, like he wasn't solid. He started walking towards her, and she backed up.

She activated her sharingan, "I said to s-stay away!"

The masked man chuckled, "Ah, I see. Very advanced. Triple Tomoe already! Perhaps you're not as useless as I thought."

"You just t-think of me as a m-monster like everybody else d-does!" she shouted, and he chuckled once again.

"I said your clan thinks about you that way, not me." though she could not see it, he rolled his eyes, "In fact, I think you'll be quite useful to me." he was now at the side of her bed, and reached out his hand, "Come. I have a surprise for you."

She looked at him with fear, and defensiveness. She was debating if she should take his hand, or stab it with a senbon. Then again, he wasn't solid. With her free hand, she slowly reached out and held his hand. It was surprisingly solid. She looked up at him once more, and saw something swirling. She felt herself getting drowsy, then darkness consumed her. 

When she opened her eyes again, she saw a big tree. Looking around, she wasn't in her bedroom anymore. She looked up at the masked man, who was still holding her hand, and spoke.

"Where are we?"

"Konoha."

She widened her eyes, then quickly let go of his hand, "No! I can't be here!"

He chuckled, "Don't worry. You won't be seen by any Uchiha. As of tonight, they'll be gone."

"G-gone?" she asked, "What do you mean?"

As if she had never said anything, he started walking forward. 

"H-hey! Wait up!"

Keiko quickly followed after him, not wanting to be left alone. After all, he was her only ride home at the time. She was soon by his side again, looking around. Her sharingan was deactivated, for the moonlight led her way. She had that same feeling in her gut, like something bad was about to happen.