50 | Hands Of A Puppet Master

| Happy Valentines day! Unfortunately I'm not celebrating with a valentine, but I can give you guys a chapter<3 (written 2/14/23)

Also - I think I'm going to start a pattern on the chapters. One every two days, but of course there will be some complications cause my life is a bit busy. I will try tho! This chapter might seem a bit slow but it'll introduce an important character (wink wink)

. . .

He stayed at her bedside all night. Just like the last time Itachi Uchiha had seen her, she was being attacked with a fever. Though it should've come of much surprise to him, his sister had grown so much more. She grew in to her features, looking quite like both of her parents. Needless to say she still looked like the delicate girl he had left all those years ago. Other than the scars that painted her hands she looked innocent.

Not once did he take his eyes off her, not even to turn at the small creaking noises from the old house. When her breathing got heavier his hand immediately flew to hers and held it gently.

It didn't take him too long to recognize the reality of the situation. His baby sister, the one he loved ever so dearly, hosted a monster that could take out an army of men. And the clan hated her for it. That was probably the reason Keiko had been so frightened that night. She saw his love as a facade. He planned on how to explain it to her, but he knew that she wouldn't be able to accept it so easily.

All these years had gone by where she thought that Itachi and Sasuke had hated her. Sasuke had proven her wrong, but what about Itachi? How was he going to show her that he truly never hated her? It kept him wondering for the rest of the night. The sound of her groan caused him to widen his eyes, and he immediately felt his heart race.

This would be the first time in years that he could finally talk to her.

Keiko stirred, moving her body so that her head rested on top of the pillow. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open, and for a second she didn't even notice Itachi. Until she did. She blinked her eyes, as if to make sure she was not dreaming. It was confirmed when Itachi opened his lips and began to whisper to her.

In mere milliseconds she had sat up and grabbed the senbon from the side of her bed, pointing it directly at the other. The action had made her more tired than she anticipated.

"What are you doing here?" she spoke out, a slight croak to her voice.

Itachi watched his sister carefully. A million emotions soared through him, but his expression read nothing. "Please, give me a moment to expla-"

"How did you find me?" she said, cutting him off and letting out a huff of breath.

She looked frightened, tired, and almost terrified. He expected this, but he didn't realize how much it would hurt.

"I'm.." he found himself at a loss for words. "I was brought here. Madara told me about.. About that night. Why you were there."

Keiko flinched, and she brought the senbon higher. She opened her mouth to speak but Itachi cut her off.

"I know what you think. You think I hate you because of that.." he stopped, and her gaze seemed to soften. "Monster in you. It's not true."

She looked confused and said nothing. Her senbon remained, but it wasn't held so strictly at his throat.

"How am I supposed to believe you?" she finally said, eyes locked with his. "If you knew that I was alive, then why didn't you come after me?"

"I wanted to. I searched for you for years. Believe me, I wished I could've taken you with me. When I found you at the sand village.." he leaned forward and put his hand on Keiko's, the tip of the senbon pressed onto his throat. "He told me you were safe. Madara. So I left you there. I regret my choice, but it would have been far too dangerous to take you along with me."