59 | The Flash Of Lightning Before It Thunders

Back To Regular Time 

. . .

"Stop trying to pull them off, it's not gonna work."

Keiko whined. There was no way she had to live with twisted horns sprouting out of her head for possibly months. She refused to leave her room until the things would either fall off by themselves or shrink back. Madara said that they would eventually withdraw, but for now she'd have to deal with them. 

They weren't that bad.. At first. The fact that they were eight inches tall and hit something everytime she moved just an inch made her dislike them more than she did already. 

You know, back in my day, the size of ones horns were a symbol of dominance- 

Shut up, Rei.

Keiko fell back on her futon in defeat, not anticipating the fact that her horns would hit her wall. She groaned in pain and Madara opened the door when he heard the big 'thud'. Quickly, she pulled the blanket over herself immediately in attempts to cover the things, but the tips of her horns still showed out through the top.

"I fear that the longer you sulk the more time you'll spend with those on your head." he voiced, then looked around the room as Keiko scrunched the blanket up to her horns in order to see the man. "Good to see you've settled in at least."

In the time she had spent isolating herself Keiko decorated the room. There was a new lamp on her desk along with many other things. On the right side of her desk was a wall of puppet scrolls, and right under them a crate with different shaped bottles filled with different colored liquids (poison). He noticed a ninja wire hanging around the top of the room, and from it hanged multiple weapons. Some of the shuriken were transparent with a small light bulb inside of them which he thought was cute. Following that was a bookshelf at the edge of her futon, though there seemed to be more weapons and CD's than actual books. 

His eyes shifted over to the futon and took sight of a few stuffed companions at the edge. Madara couldn't think of how she managed to bring so many things, much less plants, but there happened to be two hanging ones on either side of her closet. 

One had pretty pink flowers that he reached out to touch, but was stopped when Keiko began to speak. "I wouldn't touch those if I were you. Angels trumpets can cause death if you're not too careful."

He retracted his hand, looking back at Keiko with a glare that she couldn't see. "Out of all the plants you could've chosen- You picked deadly flowers."

She shrugged, a small smirk tugging at the corner of her lip. "Makes them easier to harvest. They smell good too, or at least I think so. I've grown an immunity to poison so I can only speak on my behalf."

"Yeah, yeah." Madara groaned, then turned to her desk. A mini camera caught his interest, and he picked it up as he began walking to Keiko. "Where'd you get this from?"

Keiko looked lost in thought for a moment. "I'm not sure to be honest. It showed up on my desk the other day, and an origami lotus that said 'Happy birthday.' was attached to it."

"I'm guessing that it was from Konan then." he said, then held the camera up. "Let's put it to use, shall we?"

Keiko gave him a look, but ended up giving in. He bent down next to Keiko as she sat up, holding the camera up backwards in front of them. She held her horns, trying her best to conceal them, and looked up at the camera. Madara made the peace sign, and pressed the button to take the picture. A flash blinded Keiko, and she closed one eye as she tried to look at the camera.