33 | The Pineapple And The Uchiha (2)

~| You guys have no idea how eager i am to get to Shippuden- Only a few more chapters! Thank you for all the votes, and please comment I love to read them :)

Part Two

Shikamaru and Keiko walked side by side. Keiko had decided to follow her newly found friend back home to get to know him better. That, and the fact that he needed help carrying the groceries back. Turns out he had run out of- well, everything. It was a bit concerning. He seemed like the type of person to go out with his mom to get groceries every week. They both exchanged some information about themselves - Shikamaru telling her the basics and Keiko sharing some of her past from the Sand Village. None of them told each other anything too personal, so she was satisfied when he didn't question anything. 

"So your parents died a bit after your birth on a mission?"

Okay, she might've lied about a few things. She was simply improvising

"Mhm. I've been living with my grandma ever since. Though it doesn't bother me much - I didn't know them too well anyways."

Lie.

"I see." he looked forward in a bit of an awkward position. "I'm sorry for your loss."

She looked at him, "No need to be. It was years ago."

He nodded, then stopped walking. 

"Well, here we are. The Nara Compound."

She looked forward, seeing that they had stopped at a house. It was surrounded by an abundance of beautiful green trees, and it looked like such a peaceful house. Just as she was admiring the scenery, a woman walked out of the front door, looking very irked. Keiko assumed that was his mom. 

The aura she admitted was terrifying - nothing like Mikoto. She had never had her mother be so furious, and it was a bit weird for her to see this. She stood their awkwardly, watching as sweat dripped from Shikamaru's forehead as she marched toward him. 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I NEED TO START DINNER AND I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO COOK WITH? WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?!"

Keiko took a few steps backward as she grabbed Shikamaru by his collar. "Mo-"

She raised her fist before he could say anything. "IT'S ALREADY SUNDOWN!"

It was like she didn't realize the Uchiha was there. 

Shikamaru looked like he was about to get murdered, and she decided to step it for a second. She might get hurt - but she risked it. 

"Um- Hello." she waved her hand awkwardly, and the lady turned to face her. 

She immediately placed him down, a bit rough, and turned to shake Keiko's hand. 

"Hello there! I didn't know we were having quests over." a sweet smile rested on her face as she glared at Shikamaru, and Keiko chuckled nervously. Her personality had changed completely.

"I'm Yoshino Nara. Shikamaru's mom." 

Looking back at the other Nara boy, she decided to give a good first impression.

She looked back at Yoshino, trying to contain her posture and smiling at the woman. "Is that so? I thought you were his sister."

Do you like to lie to Nara's?

Shut up-

"Oh!" Yoshino smiled with a blush on her cheeks. "I'm flattered. Shikamaru, I never knew you had such nice friends."

He chuckled, "Yeah.."

Keiko gave a small bow. "I'm Keiko- Rotasu. I met your son while I was on my way to get groceries, and he needed a hand."

"Aren't you an angel?" she turned to her son once again. "How could you let such a sweet girl do your dirty work?"

Glaring at him one more time, she turned to Keiko. "Please, stay for dinner."

Stay for dinner. She's a milf.

Are you thirsty 24/7?

Pretty sure that's my job.

"Oh no- That's fine. I need to get back to friends anyway." she smiled, "Maybe next time-?"

"Please, I insist."

If you say no she's gonna punch your head off of your neck

That's very graphic.

"Uhh-" the girl looked back at the other boy, and he just looked away and whistled.

Rude.

"I have a family dinner today with my brother. I'm afraid I cannot." she apologized, "Though if I can, I will join you next time."

"Aw." she frowned, but her killer intent was gone. "Well, just let me know when you have the time. You owe me!" 

And as she finished her sentence, she walked inside, grabbing the grocery bag from Keiko and dragging Shikamaru inside. Though Keiko feared for her new friend, she trusted that she would see him again. Waving goodbye, she waited until he was all the way inside before flickering away - unaware that her movements were being watched.

She appeared in her Inn room, finding it empty once again. It wasn't odd for her to find herself alone - though it would be a nice change to see sand again.

Now, what to do...

Keiko looked through the things she bought the other day, putting aside some manga she had finished. The things left in front of her were a few more manga, a mini painting canvas, paints, an instant noodle bowl, and a small seal plushie.

Wait- a seal plushie? She picked it up, a bit confused. She hadn't bought it - and it certainly wasn't there before. It was cute, but Keiko didn't know if it was safe. She examined it, making sure that there wasn't some hidden bomb inside. There wasn't any trace of a bomb - much less chakra, but there was a small piece of paper inside the zipper. At first, she thought it was a paper bomb, but soon realized that if it was then it wouldn't be so obvious. Surrounding herself with a light chakra shield - she began to pull out the paper from the zipper, and when it fully came out she saw it was folded. A note, perhaps? Unfolding it, she saw a sentence of words that didn't make sense to her.

'Reminded me of you. Take care.'

She looked on the back, but there was no signature. 

How interesting.

She shrugged it off, placing the plushie on her bed and changing into a t-shirt with some shorts. Picking up the canvas and putting the paints onto the small table on the balcony, she headed outside and looked up at the moon.

"A full moon. What a perfect scenery. It reminds me of something.. I can't quite put my finger on it."

Oh, but she knew. She just couldn't admit it to herself.