"I respect your decision.", Namjoon said as he shared a short glance with Seokjin.

Namjoon followed by the rest of them, jumped out through the side door. The front part of the bus was pretty much battered but they managed to get out.

Seokjin stood up and watched them walk and disappear around a corner, through the big glass windows of the bus. He sat down again, listening to the rest of the passengers bickering about them, and something suddenly struck him.

He had to get out. He should've gone with them.

Seokjin suddenly stood up and took his backpack and ran through the aisle to the front of the bus.

"Wait son, don't go out! It's dangerous.", said the same old man.

"It's dangerous if we stay in here. I'm going.", Seokjin shouted out so that the whole bus would hear him, he wanted to see whether there was anybody who had changed their mind.

But no one said anything.

Seokjin jumped out of the bus and ran in the direction the others went. He turned around the corner and couldn't see the bus anymore. He hesitated for a while, but continued walking.

June 26 | DAY 2
10 : 49 am

He had been walking for the past five minutes and still couldn't find them. He called out their names one by one, without using much voice, but there was no response. He was afraid whether someone or something else might find him, what if Jungkook's zombie theory was true?

He began to feel lost as he walked forward through the abandoned streets. He felt his heart beating at an abnormal speed and yes, he was scared.

Suddenly, the wound on his forehead started hurting as if it was signalling something. He quickly sat down on the side of the road on a pavement, pressing the side of his head tightly.

The smooth breeze brushed past Seokjin's face but he felt uneasy. The breeze had a stench of blood. He looked around him, into the buildings that surrounded him. He couldn't see anybody but he felt like he was being watched, by someone or something. He gulped, the only sound he could hear was the fluttering of paper pieces on the ground and the sound of his own breath.

All of a sudden he felt a hand on his shoulder. He let out a high pitched scream, jumped up and stood in a fight stance.

"Whoa! Calm down, it's me.".

It was Jimin.

"Oh... Thank God.", Seokjin heaved a sigh of relief. His breathing became steadier but his heart was still beating hard.

"Oh Jimin... Where are the others? Did you get lost too?", Seokjin asked him in a moment after catching his breath.

"Oh no no... I'm not lost... I just felt like you would change your mind.", Jimin smiled, "And I was not wrong."

Seokjin blinked his eyes and smiled.

"Come on! Let's go.", Jimin took Seokjin's hand and led the way. They walked on the same road for a few minutes and then turned into smaller ones.

Jimin looked really confident as to where they were going but Seokjin felt lost.

"Have you been here before?", Seokjin asked after following Jimin for almost ten minutes.

"No... But I'm really good with directions. Trust me. We're not lost.", Jimin said after seeing the concerned look on Seokjin's face.

Seokjin nodded his head.

"Now we have to take two more lefts and a right.", Jimin said as they walked through the narrow alleys.

It was a network of small streets and alleys. Anyone could get lost here. But Seokjin decided to trust in Jimin's confidence.

As they walked further into the town, things started to look different. It was still empty but all the glass windows were smashed and it looked like a tornado had swept everything away. There were small shops along the road sides and they were full of clutter. Everything on the shelves were lying down on the floor or on the road, something really big had gone down here.

Seokjin found dark stains on the grey concrete pavement on which they walked. He stopped to look at one such stain and squatted down to take a closer look.

Jimin saw him doing so and stopped walking.

"It's blood.", Jimin said.

Seokjin suddenly stood up and Jimin continued.

"It's all over the place...", Jimin looked around, "We have to get to the others quickly, it's not safe."

They started walking again with Jimin in the front. He turned around a corner and Seokjin followed him.

"We're here.", Jimin stopped walking.

Seokjin found himself standing in front of a super market, a huge one. The big board on its top said 'DUL SET HYPERMART'. It looked safe but one can never be sure.

~~~

Hi guys... This is where the real story starts. I'm sorry for any mistakes (English is not my first language). I have drafted upto 20 chapters of the story by now, I guess it's gonna have like 25 chapters.... Anyway I hope you're enjoying it.

Next update on 17 July 2020.

Love,
PAPRIKA 💜

Love,PAPRIKA 💜