Chapter 26 - Olivia

"Open the fucking door!"

My fist bangs on Lucas' door repeatedly. I've had it with his silence. An entire week without hearing a single word from him, without seeing him for even a second, and I've had it. I'm buzzing with impatience and anger. It's no wonder Zack mumbled a few choice words under his breath when I nearly broke their front door down and proceeded to leave the dorm entirely. Probably a smart move.

"Lucas!" I switch tactics to kicking. These legs do more than just dance. "I'll stand here all day if I have to! Open the door, asshole!"

What the hell did he think would happen, dropping a bomb on me like that and then going ghost? It's still so hard to wrap my head around. All this time I thought I was the stupid girl who wrongfully fell for her best friend, a best friend that she kissed only to be ignored by him the next day. A best friend that said he didn't give a fuck about me and told me to leave him alone. A best friend I needed when I was crying in the bathroom and some dick walked in and drunkenly touched me when I repeatedly told him to stop. Little did I know Lucas was going through his own horrors and ultimately trying to protect me.

He was right — we needed some time to think. But the only conclusion I've come to is that we've wasted enough years hating each other for no reason. I've wasted enough years without my best friend and I want him back. I've forgiven him but he needs to believe that and I need to know if he's truly forgiven me. A week is long enough to decide that as far as I'm concerned.

"Te estoy hablando!" I kick the door again. I'm about to go in for another when the door suddenly swings open. Lucas glowers down at me and he is not amused.

"Is there a reason you're trying to break down my door?"

"Is there a reason you won't fucking talk to me?"

"I told you. We need time apart."

"Time's up," I snap and forcefully shoulder my way inside his room. When I turn around to face him he's closing the door, his face serious. "Do you not forgive me or something? Because I'm sorry, Lucas. I should have been there for you and—"

"Stop apologizing," He cuts me off and his eyes fall shut. He leans back against his door with crossed arms. "I already feel like a dick. You didn't do anything wrong so shut up."

I bite the inside of my cheek to stop my smile. Even though we're okay now — at least I think — Lucas is still a full-fledged asshole. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Then what is it?" I push.

His eyes open again. Right now they look more green than they do blue. That often happens when Lucas is being intense and he's absolutely brooding.

"I'm going to hurt you," The words are spoken quietly, carefully. They're a warning but I think I might be all kinds of messed up because I take it as an invitation. Why is my body humming with excitement? Lucas' head falls back and he stares at me, jaw clenched. "I'm fucked up in so many ways. I'd rather not drag you down with me."

"That's not your decision to make," I take a step closer. "And you're not as bad as you say you are. Stop trying to scare me because it won't work."

He straightens up and pushes off the door. The steps he takes toward me are slow and deliberate. I stay right where I am and tip my head back to look at him when he stops in front of me.

"Yeah?" He murmurs. "I thought we talked about bad ideas. Not being scared of me is one of them."

I raise a brow right back. "I'll take my chances."

He leans down, his mouth only inches away from mine. It feels like forever since we kissed and I'm hit with an enormous urge to do it again. "You're not thinking straight, Livvy. You don't want me."