Heavy Metal and duelist of Spiders

"Yuma, are you sure this is a good shortcut?" Y/n asked as she, Yuma, with Astral and Rhea jogged between a raw building frame of metal and a chain-link fence that is under construction. "Yeah, if we go around, we'll miss the previews." Yuma answered.

"But this is a construction site. What if someone sees us trespassing?" Y/n asked, not wanting to get caught by construction workers. The metal frame stood several stories higher, thick red I-beams cross-braced with slimmer yellow beams, and a cheap, temporary stairway through the middle to give easy access to higher levels. A grid of red and yellow beams above them that may soon become the ceiling of a hallway. "I don't even care about the movies, but they're gonna have the trailer for the next Bruno Battalion sequel! I gotta see it!" Yuma replied, and Y/n sighed and looked around the site with an expression mix of uneasy and nervous.

"Is there something wrong?" Rhea asked. "It's just the construction site, it's a very strict site for workers to build important projects for buildings." Y/n answered.

"Construction happens, what else? They're building a new kinda giant new mall, it's gonna be the biggest in the world, I heard!" Yuma said, glancing at the site. "Yet, still, construction sites can be very dangerous." Y/n added, before Yuma went up the stairs.

"Yuma, be serious, there could be construction workers here." Y/n said, with a tone of worry and uneasy. "Don't worry, it's totally safe!" Yuma assured, and Y/n sighed again, before stepping onto the stairs, and one of the red beams snapped in half, falling, and Y/n let out a yelp and got out of the way, and the beam fell behind her. "Huh? Y/n, are you okay?" Yuma asked, and Y/n just stared at the fallen broken beam, slightly shaken by the impact.

"Yeah, that was close." Y/n replied, still shaken, before Yuma grabbed her arm and ran, before an arm of the bulldozer smashed down on the unbuilt hallway, they're standing on it. The bulldozer began chasing them, smashing the railing on either side with its huge treads. "This is bad. What do we do?" Y/n asked.

"Ahh...! Jump!" Yuma yelled as they both jumped over the diagonal beam and landed sideways, skidding a bit, clinging together, before the bulldozer crashed into the crossbeam, unable to pass, which the glass shattered out of its windshield on impact. "What was that all about?" Yuma asked, as he looked up at the smashed-out cab of the bulldozer and exclaimed, "what?! No one's driving!" Then a very short young man, shorter than Flip, climbs out. "You numbskulls aren't wearing helmets! Don't you guys know that construction sites are dangerous places?!" a voice asked, climbing over the beam, the kid actually trips and lands on his face, knocking his construction helmet off to rest on his back. He sits up and says, "Sorry for almost turning you into pancakes. I saw the beams falling and tried to hit them out of the way, and then accidentally put the excavator into gear, and then I couldn't reach the dumb brakes to stop it!"

"How does a kindergartner even get onto a construction site and accidentally do anything?" Yuma asked, which made the young boy annoyed, "A what? A kindergartner?! I'll have you know that Cody Callus is in middle school! I'm just- vertically challenged!" Cody said, standing up, crossing his arms.

"Oh. We're in middle school, too, Cody!" Yuma said.

"I get it now. It's nice to meet you, I'm Y/n and this is Yuma. Thank you for trying to save. That was very sweet of you." Y/n said with a smile, and Cody's face turned bright red. "You okay, pal?" Yuma asked him, as Y/n giggled.

"What's everyone looking at?!" Cody asked turning, feeling flustered, before they heard a noise and looked up to see a litterbot with a whistle and a small red flag directing a yellow construction truck with wheels that were about 5 or 6 times the height. "What a huge truck!" Yuma exclaimed, glancing at the truck.

"Ahh, that's Gracie. She can haul, like, three hundred dogs!" Cody said. "That's maybe the most amazing thing I've ever heard! All those pigs!" Yuma said in amazement.