Beginning of the World Duel Carnival

The days went usual for everyone in Heartland City, until the World Duel Carnival was announced, and every duelist was excited to participate to become the best famous duelists in the world.

Yuma and Y/n were walking to class today, they found everyone in the classroom talking. Bronk, Flip, and Caswell were holding envelopes in their hands. "What's that thing?" Tori asked, curious.

"It's a heart piece! It's what you need to gain entry into the Duel Carnival! I got mine in the mail! Just this week!" Flip answered in excitement.

"Me, too!" Caswell exclaimed, holding his heart piece.

"Me, three!" Bronk added, excited while holding his heart piece, and Tori exclaimed, "So, everyone's in this!

"Not everyone..." Yuma said, as he and Y/n were walking into the classroom, which caught their attention. "Huh? Whaddayou mean? Surely you're competing?" Caswell asked, confused.

"Who, me? I'm passing." Yuma told him, and glanced down. Until Tori asked, "Since when do you pass on dueling?" Before Yuma just sat down and whacked his head against the floor. "He didn't get a heart piece in the mail today." Y/n told them.

"Yuma...please you are embarrassing me, and I am invisible." Astral said, which made Y/n smiled sympathetically, and explained. "That's not what he's doing. He thinks he feels invisible to the world." She pat his head.

"How about you, Y/n? Are you participating?" Tori asked her. "Yep, here's my heart piece." Y/n said, pulling out her heart piece. "And why would Yuma be the only one left out? Does Astral have any idea what might've happened?"

"They probably require all entrants to have some skill." Astral said.

"Not exactly, he forgot to apply." Y/n replied, which caught Yuma's attention. "I did what? Oh man, I should've done that." Yuma said, in a gloomy state.

"If you want I can show, Yuma." Y/n said, and Yuma thanked her, and opened his screen, however it showed that he already did apply for the Duel Carnival, which surprised everyone.

"Huh? I already did." Yuma said.

"Weird." Bronk said.

"Oh. I forgot to mention, your letter did come. But it was in the mail at my house." Y/n said, pulling out another envelope from her bag, "Here." She gave it to Yuma, who took it, and yelled, "YES! But who registered me?"

"Probably my brother or my little siblings did." Y/n said, and everyone was shocked. "Aren't they a little young to enter this tournament?" Caswell asked, thinking that Mina and Scott are too young to be duelists.

"Maybe they're just helping Yuma, so he--" Bronk trailed off.

"NO!" Yuma yelled, covering Bronk's mouth, blushing in embarrassment that he'll tease him about his feelings for Y/n. While Tori and Y/n were watching with a bit of amusement, Y/n was confused and Tori just smirked at Yuma's embarrassed expression.

~With Shark~

Shark was riding his motorcycle away from school, he, however, was not participating in the Duel Carnival, due to circumstances from last year's tournament, because of someone who cares about getting into an accident. Until He saw something out of the corner of his eye, a card that looked like the trap card, Mirror Force, it came from a railed walkway on a nearby building that is under construction. Shark tossed his helmet on the seat and climbed up the stairs, only to see nothing, before he walked out to examine the small crane hook that hangs down from a coil of line on a pole at the end of the walkway, before he heard someone come up behind him. "Long time, no see, Reginald." A familiar voice said to him, and Shark turned around to see someone he didn't want to see. A male with spiky layered dark red hair with yellow bangs, wearing a formal medieval-style attire, and has a long cross that looks like a scar down his right eye. "I'm sorry. Everyone calls you, 'Shark' now, don't they. Hmhmhm." He said