The Number Hunter Part One

It was a normal day in HeartLand City, until the news reporter announced, "...We're here at the City Shopping Center, where an unknown individual has blocked all access points to the top floor. We understand..." She was cut off, when a litter-bot was thrown crashing to the bottom floor, making the crowd scream and run for cover.

"Now you're trash. Dumb litter-bot." the thug said to the bot, while holding a baseball bat.

"Hey, watch it up there!" Yuma called, as he and Y/n stood watching the scene from the bottom floor.

"For the last time, make good on my demands or the hostages are gonna get it." He said as he swung his bat, making them yelp in fear.

"I'm warning ya, I mean business, the clock's ticking!" The thug exclaimed

"And so the standoff continues. It's uncertain if authorities are planning to meet his demands of money and a helicopter. We will see." The reporter said.

"Ah, man. Not good." Yuma said, before they heard a whirring sound, and he answered his duel gazer.

"Yuma!" He winced at his sister's voice

"You're at the shopping mall, aren't you?!" Kari asked

"Are you saying 'I'm goofing off at the mall, instead of doing my homework? How dare you!" Yuma lied

"But you are." Y/n said

"Zip it." He told her.

"Y/n's right! And do you know how I know she's right? Because I'm watching you right now live on TV!" Kari yelled as Yuma and Y/n looked up, and saw themselves on TV.

"Busted!" Yuma said as they turned back to Kari.

"Now go find out what's going on so I get a scoop!" Kari yelled before hanging up.

"People think it's tough being a reporter? Well. they should try being a brother..." Yuma said as Y/n smiled sympathetically with a sweat drop.

"Who is this guy?" He asked before his key glowed and Y/n's pendant glowed.

"Look, there." Astral said, after appearing, including Rhea, who looked up to the top floor.

"Huh?" They looked and saw the thug had a number fifty-six on his left shoulder.

"It's a number." Y/n said

"A Number? I need a closer look!" Yuma said, before pushing past people, "Coming through!"

"Yuma, hold up!" Y/n yelled, catching up with him, "Excuse me! Sorry!"

Then, Yuma accidently bumped into a man who's eating popcorn, which knocked him and his bowl, suddenly everything freezes, and Yuma fell back. Everything had stopped moving, expect Yuma, Y/n, Rhea, and Astral.

"What's going on? Everyone's frozen." Yuma said as Y/n helped him, and looked around.

"No, time is frozen." Astral corrected

"But how can that be?" Yuma asked

"I don't know. Wait, is that whistling?" Y/n asked before making her way, to listen.

"This way." She gestured, as Yuma, Astral, and Rhea nodded and followed behind.

(Top Floor)

A male figure whistled a tone, walking forward. He had blonde hair with dark green bangs, and blue-grey eyes.

"So you're behind this, huh?" The thug asked

"Such questions are irrelevant, little punk. What is relevant is what I do. And that's hunting Numbers.