Training

(Flashback)

"Now go, Moon-Eyes, Titanic, HeartlanDraco, attack! Coral Burst of Destruction!" Y/n and Rhea called, as the three dragons combined their attacks and fired a blast towards Galaxy-Eyes, who roared in pain, and Kite let out a scream and was sent flying, and dropped his life points to zero.

"I'll get you both next time!" Kite said as he drove away on his motorcycle.

(End of Flashback)

Yuma and Astral were sitting in his room, thinking about Kite. Yuma was looking down at his feet, that he couldn't help but think about how he almost lost his soul and Number cards and Astral was almost faded away from existence. If Y/n and Rhea would lose, they would lose their souls and Numbers, but glad that they won, if Y/n had summoned Moon-Eyes. Yuma suddenly slumped over, which made him wake up, stand to his feet, and fall to the floor on his face.

"Totally meant to do that." Yuma said, laughing nervously, but Astral just sat there, brooding.

"You know, something needs to seriously change here, Astral. You've spent the last couple days, staring at walls, and making bummer comments." Yuma said as Astral just stared down with his eyes closed.

"...I cannot help it." He replied.

"Huh?Listen-- you gotta get it together! Avoiding that guy, Kite isn't an option! He's gonna come for us eventually... and when he does, we need to be ready!"

"But if we are not-- and we lose--"

"You're supposed to be the one giving me big, inspiring speeches! You can't be sitting around, and--" Yuma was cut off when he heard his door opened, and turned to see Y/n, Tori, and Bronk in the doorway.

"Hey." Tori greeted, as they walked in.

"Uh, hey, guys-- what's up?" Yuma asked.

"This." Bronk said as he handed Yuma's duel disk, that displayed a big, red shiny ruby in the shape of a heart crowned with the letters WDC, imposed over a globe orbited by two streams of duel cards that form an X.

"World Duel Carnival?" Yuma asked, as he read the letters

"Yeah! It's like a big tournament or something! They're gonna be holding the whole thing in HeartLand, and like-- These really incredible duelists from all over the world-- like places we never even heard of-- are gonna be there!" Bronk exclaimed excitedly, but Yuma just stared down to his feet.

"What's wrong? You don't seem psyched." He said, but Yuma didn't answer, before Rhea floated over to Astral and put her hand on his shoulder, and Y/n walked over to Yuma and touched his shoulder.

"It's okay, if you don't feel excited, this may be a chance for you to become a champion." Y/n said as Yuma responded to her with a sad smile.

"Thanks." They didn't notice that Bronk and Tori were smirking at them.

"Yuma?" They turned to see Yuma's grandma standing in front of Yuma. Y/n gasped, 'When did she get there?'

"Grandma?! When'd you get here?!" Yuma asked, wondering the same.

"I need you to be a sweetheart, and take these to an old friend of mine, who lives out of town away."She said before plunking down in front of him an orange backpack about as big with vegetables, an egg carton, and a huge sausage sticking out of the top.

"There's a note in there, too."

"Looks really heavy..." Yuma said before looking away grumpily, "Come on... today's Saturday, Grandma." Y/n giggled at his grumpy side.

"Who are you and what have you done with my kind and generous grandson?! Where is he?!" Haru asked angrily, which freaked Yuma out.

"Aahhh! I'm right here! And I, I-- ugh! I'll do it." He replied.