so...what's this?

Yup, you guessed it.

This is an edited version of The Busan Boy! It's a second draft manuscript with new, altered scenes. 

Before we jump in, here are a few FAQs—

1. What's the difference between this book and the original book?

Plot changes!

They're not big plot changes, but they're enough to alter character development and the relationships between the characters. 

However, the main gist of this book is still the same, because the message is still the same. It centers heavily around entertainment pressure, mental health, and grief. But there are quite a few scenes you may only partially recognize (if at all). 

2. Why is a new version being published?

Though this book was written fairly recently (2018-2019), my perspective on things has changed since then. While reading the original version of this book, I realized there were a lot of topics I wanted to flesh out more or just rewrite from a different angle.

I want to make this book more mature than it was before, and I hope this newer version can reflect that. 

I've actually started editing this book for a while now. I've chosen to publish the edited version because I want to share an even better, more developed story with you, especially about such relevant topics. 

3. Is this still fanfiction?

No, this version of The Busan Boy has been altered so that all characters bear original names. 

There will still be many similarities because this book does discuss the K-pop industry—but there will be no mention of real-life K-pop idols, fandoms, or agencies. Instead, there will be fictional names. Additionally, aspects of the characters may change, because they no longer reflect real life K-pop idols. 

If you're looking for fanfiction, please know this will no longer be one. If you choose not to read this edited version, I completely understand.  

If you do choose to read it, I ask that you please don't comment any spoilers. If I see any, I will be deleting them to allow new readers to experience this book just as any previous reader did.

4. Will the original Busan Boy be taken down?

Eventually, yes.

Honestly, it pains me to say this because the original Busan Boy has a really special place in my heart. I wrote it at a time in my life when I was processing grief for the first time, and it feels kind of cliché to say it, but Busan Boy really held my hand through that. 

However, once this edited version has been fully published, the old Busan Boy will be taken down. This is to avoid the confusion of having two very similar copies of the same book on my profile. 

5. When will we know when the old Busan Boy is going to be taken down? 

I'll be posting a notice at least a few days in advance whenever I do decide to take the old Busan Boy down, and the announcement will be pinned on my profile. 

As for now, I don't plan on taking down the original until the new version is finished, which could take over a month, knowing me and my relationship with hiatuses (I swear one day I'm going to finish Scandal. I swear). 

With all that said, there are no words to describe how grateful I am to those of you who have read and supported The Busan Boy. Whether you read the book yesterday or you read it while it was coming out, you're the reason why I continue to keep this story so close to my heart.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to drop a comment here.

Please stay safe and take care ❤️

Sending you all my love,

Krissy