Chapter Twenty Three

▬

[ CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ]
Heist-ception

Thanks to the human encyclopedia that was Remus Lupin, getting past the fire hydrant and into the entrance wasn't too hard. Although he played it cool, he later admitted to them all it had taken a lot more guessing than he let on.

"There's one right nearby that leads to a speakeasy so it was really hit or miss which one we ended up at."

James grinned, "So you mean to tell I could be at a cool illegal bar drinking moonshine and instead we're in this dumpy, unused Ministry tunnel."

"That's an irrelevant point, I could be a in Turkmenistan or Milton Keynes and I'm not."

"You're right, I should be present."

"Exactly."

That bid the end to that conversation, the six of them walking in silence as they neared the guard station so as not to alert too much attention. Once they were at the final corner, the mumbled conversation of the guards drifting into their ears, they huddled.

"Alright, everyone ready?" Remus asked.

Coral adjusted her sunglasses, pushing them down from the top of her head back to their rightful place over her eyes. Tilting them down just a little to peer over the top, she gave a smile, "Oh baby, I was born ready."

"James, you got the cloak?"

"Oh shit, I left it on my bed!" James cried out. The look of horror on the other's faces made him quickly add, "I'm joking, guys! Jeez, I can a bit of a prick sometimes but I'm not stupid."

"Debatable," Sirius replied which earnt him a glare.

Exie peeked around the corner just a tad before simply observing, "They look exhausted. As someone who's pretty much always tired, I have a fairly good idea of what that looks like."

"Okay, that should make our job easier," Remus confirmed, "From what I read this is a fairly unused entrance even at peak times since they reopened a bunch of more convenient ones. The guards shouldn't be too on it."

"How did you even find out about this?" Exie asked.

"A magazine about hidden bars. Apparently, a lot of drunk witches and wizards came down expecting a night of wild drinking and instead were confronted by military guards."