Chapter Eight

▬

[ CHAPTER EIGHT ]
Plenty of Fish in the Sea, eh?

"I say it's time to throw you into the deep end and see if you can swim..." Coral smiled deviously.

James instantly puffed out his chest, "I can definitely swim, trust me."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah - other than Lily, I'm actually pretty good with girls. This sounds like good plan I think, see what the other options are.  Plenty of other fish in the sea, am I right?"

Coral's eyes suddenly widened, "Ooh, plenty of fish in the sea and throw yourself into the deep end link really nicely, don't you think? Like it's a hypothetical ocean that you jump into and if you can swim you can get more fish ... I wouldn't know, I've never gone fishing. Fish creep me out, they're so ugly and weird-smelling - if I wanted to see that I'd just spend time with the boys in my house a bit more."

"Yeah, never been a fan of it myself. So much waiting around with a pole for very little reward. It just sounds so boring and mind-numbingly tedious ... oh, I bet Exie and Remus would enjoy it," He remarked, making a mental note to suggest it to them.

"I know right! Especially when you have magic, just use a summoning charm and the fish will there be within seconds. Why wait with a pole?"

"We will never know," He concluded finally, "So this all girl's study group ... are they nice?"

"I don't know them all very well," She admitted, gritting her teeth a little, "But the ones who invited me are passably alright to hang out with."

"Passably alright, huh? You're really selling them here," A small doubt crossed his mind, "If it's all girls, will they be pissed if I show up?"

"Probably?"

"... okay, what sort of anger we talking about here? Like grumble-but-let-me-stay kind of pissed or will I have about twenty girls chasing me with curses flying in every direction?"

"You won't know unless you show up."

"I'd rather know beforehand on this one if I'm honest."

"Oh? Is the champion dueller scared?" She giggled, stretching out her arms leisurely.

He prickled instantly, "I'm not scared but I don't like my odds if it's twenty to one."

"No, they won't do that, they're nice girls," Coral assured him finally, "So, James, that begs the crucial question: what's your type? That way I can personalize my tips even better."