Chapter Eleven

▬

[ CHAPTER ELEVEN ]
The Great Butterfly Thief

Despite not even knowing his friends, Coral's prediction was pretty accurate. Everyone seemed pretty happy about him meeting up with her. However whilst Sirius and Remus looked at it from a purely strategic standpoint, he couldn't help but feel Exie and Peter were excited for different reasons.

"Peter... did you put this tiny box of chocolates with a bow around it in my jacket pocket?!" The discovery came just as he'd walked out the dorm door, forcing him to peer back in.

"No! Why would you think that?"

"Because I saw it on your bedside table yesterday!"

"... I just think it's rude to show up to a first date empty-handed!"

He took the chocolates out, placing them on the desk, "It's not actually a first date, that's just the excuse she told me to tell you guys!"

"Well, nice chocolates never go awry anyway..." Peter said, attempting to slip the chocolates back into his pocket again.

"No, Peter! No chocolates!"

Remus had been watching the interaction with some intrigue, quickly reaching over, "... James is right, chocolates are overkill especially for dates. As the wisest member of the group, I really think you should give them to a friend instead."

A smirk crossed his face, "You know what you're right, Remus."

"I usually am especially on matters of chocolate," The boy nodded in agreement.

"Peter, why don't you give them to Sirius instead - "

"There are some lines we don't cross, James Potter," Remus shook his head like a disappointed parent, taking the chocolates anyway with a scowl on his face. 

Sirius had pretty much ignored the entire conversation, only now zoning back in again, "James? I thought you'd left - couldn't stand to be around a Slytherin and chickened out?"

"I am leaving but I just came back for a bit," He explained.

"Oh, you really shouldn't be late, I get the feeling Coral isn't the kind of girl who'd like that," Sirius said.

He shrugged, "Eh, I don't think she'd really care too much, that is her problem."

"Or so she claims," Sirius added mysteriously.

"Yeah, forgot we can't trust anything she said," James mumbled, turning away as Sirius delivered some advice.

"Good luck, James. Remember stay focused as this is the best chance we have at finding out what Severus is planning. Coral's a very pretty girl which can render you a bit of a mess but please try and think with your head not your dick."