Chapter Six

▬

[ CHAPTER SIX]
Undisputed King of Unnecessary Drama

Sirius didn't say anything the entire rest of the walk to the lessons... even when James asked him a question, it was all a bit weird really. Usually, after Charms, they'd all head to lunch together but he appeared to have other ideas.

"You three go on ahead," He slung an arm casually around Remus's shoulders, "I have to get a book out of the library and I need Moony to guide me."

"You do?" Remus asked flatly.

"Yeah, need your help with the titles so I don't get the wrong one," Sirius winked, "As James always says I can't read."

This would be weird even if James didn't know Sirius was already planning something. He really didn't want anyone to find out about Coral - it would lead to questions and questions required answers ... answers he didn't want to give.

"If you need that much help I'll come with you instead," James said, ushering for Remus to escape the boy's grasp. Other than furrow his brow, annoyingly Remus didn't move.

"Nah, you can't leave Exie and Peter, they'd be upset."

Exie held a hand out, "Not that we wouldn't miss you but you know me and Peter are capable of having our own conversations."

"Good ones too!" Peter shouted defensively, "Like about cool things ... not jumpers."

"Actually it is about jumpers because Peter likes them - you've got to own it, see? They don't mind," Exie replied.

"Peter raised his voice, look, he's upset just at the thought of you leaving," Sirius smirked, casually shaking his hair out of his eyes, "You go, we won't be long."

With that Sirius turned around, Remus following in tow. 

"No, Remus, don't do it... it's a trap!" He called but his words fell on deaf ears. Well, that wasn't quite true Exie and Peter heard very clearly.

"What was that about?" Exie asked before smirking, "On second thoughts, do I even want to know?"

"Probably not ... I'm not sure I know," He admitted.

"Exactly how he likes it," Exie grinned, "He likes to be the one knowing... come on let's get some food, everything's better after lunch."

They were wise words indeed, James perking up, "That's true."

"And I think I smelt apple pies when I walked past the kitchens earlier," Peter added.

"Okay, that's a pretty nice distraction as far as they go."

Although it looked as if he'd given up, this really was good in the grand scheme of things. Had he followed, Sirius wouldn't have revealed even the tiniest bit of his plan. Instead, he would have made an annoyingly long and dramatic show of illiteracy to prove he wasn't lying. Then he'd continue to make these attempts to get Remus alone until finally James gave in and let him  - somehow this plan would go ahead. Annoying as it was, if he just left Sirius to it hopefully more clues about what he was planning would appear.