Chapter Fifteen

▬

[ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ]
Innocent Drain Pipes: The Real Victim of Crime

Usually Coral's visits were weeks apart so it came as a shock to James when she popped up the very next day as they walked into breakfast - clearly this plan was a lot more urgent than usual. This time, the rest of the Marauders didn't leave, giving her a perfect example of what a death stare looked like. To be fair, they could have just been tired too, Exie's narrowed eyes were more to do with the light stinging them than any hatred.

"I'd be incredibly dead if looks could kill," Coral merely smiled, "So little bit more information on Thursday, I still don't know what Giovanni's planning - "

"Do you know what information means?" Sirius cut in snidely.

"Not the official definition, do I seem like the kind of person to read a dictionary, Sirius?" Coral wrinkled her nose, "No thank you. But I reckon he'll strike in the evening during his prefect patrol so he can do what he wants without anyone questioning why he's out. Luckily, he can't get into the Slytherin dorms as he's a Ravenclaw - "

"Oh, can't he?" Sirius winked at James, "Doesn't seem too well guarded personally."

"It's not the safest but it does the trick," Coral shrugged, "Anyway, I'll stay in my dorms with the girls all night. His prefect duty runs from eight until eleven on a Thursday and despite pretty evil, he's actually a bit of a coward. He'll strike between them as he won't risk being caught out of bed when he doesn't want to. Between then, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind standing guard outside the dorms just to stop him from coming in."

"That's it?" He had been hoping for something a bit cooler given her previous plans, "You just want me to be your bodyguard for a few hours?"

"If you think you can manage that, yes."

"Nothing else?"

"What else would there be?" She asked, "You were always asking me what you could do to help before - here's your answer. Besides, you do owe me anyway for everything I've done for you."

"Well, your dormmates destroyed my ego, you tricked me into fighting your Ex and to top it all of, you didn't even let me try Dumbledore's comfy chair - yeah, I really owe you there Coral."

"You do, I'm so glad you see it too," She agreed, suppressing a smile.

"But fine, I can just wear my invisibility cloak if you want so he won't even see me - "