Chapter Twelve

▬

[ CHAPTER TWELVE ]
The great Ex-scape

"He's the reason for my only detention," Coral reminded James just so he could fully grasp the extent of the situation.

"Why exactly was it so bad?"

"I wanted to break up, he did not," She explained simply, "And I could have been more tactful but he could have been less of a twat - we both did some things wrong, I'm not above admitting that. I will say he did more wrong than me though."

Although she'd told him not to look, James couldn't help but be a little curious about the guy who Coral had put up with for two years.

"Coral... which one is he?"

"I said don't look, just escape now!"

For once, he wasn't just going to take the pretty girl's order lying down, standing tall, "You know it's going to be pretty hard for me to help you if you don't show me which one he is ... for escape purposes obviously. If I don't know which one he is, I might accidentally include him in a distraction and he'd instantly spot you."

"That's rather unnecessary," Coral's eyes widened at this prospect before she tilted her head, brows furrowed, "Why would you need a distraction anyway? I assumed you'd use your cloak to get away, no?"

"I don't carry it on me, are you crazy?! That's my prized possession, a family heirloom, I'd never be so careless with it!" He replied sharply, "It stays in a secure location at all times."

"Is it your dorm?"

For a second his eyes widened before he resumed his cool, "Nah, it's in ... a different place."

"I thought you'd be prepared for problems all the time seeing as you're you!"

"And I am," He replied, "But I use a variety of methods to get out of them, I like to keep both myself and my enemies on their toes. You know if you won't show me which one he is, I don't think there's much I can do for you. But that's fine, right? Seeing how much you don't care - "

"I don't care - I just think escaping is the better option seeing as you're such an expert on the matter," She replied but pointed anyway, so quickly he actually missed it.

"Could you do that again please? I didn't see."

"You have glasses though?" Coral looked genuinely concerned, "How could you just not see?"