Lightning Strikes

Start from the beginning

  'I am fine here' I said annoyed.

I wasn't though because I was scared as shit for lighting

'Y/n, please do this thing for me I promise I'll leave you alone after but I don't want you out here in the storm.'

Another big lightning and it was close by as the thunder emerged so fast after.

  'Fine' I groaned and I got in.

It was awfully quiet.

   'So what's your address?'

I gave him the address, this was the only conversation we had. It felt awkward but I didn't want to act like there was nothing wrong.

We arrived at my complex.

  'Uhm thank you' I said reaching for the door handle but before I opened the door Taehyung spoke. 

   'Y/n, I know you must not like me after what happened but I had my reasons, just know I truly am so sorry.'

I felt myself tense up, an anger boiling up inside of me.

  'You had reasons? Please enlighten me.'

he sighed   'I can't explain them, just know I never wanted to hurt you, I meant what I said that day in the the ferris wheel.'

    'Just stop Taehyung please' I said angry with tears in my eyes, how dare he say that he meant it. I tried to hold it in as best as I could.

   'you are wrong, I don't dislike you, I hate you, how can I believe you when you abandoned me the day after you told me you loved me and took my virginity? I trusted you and you ghosted me. you could have at least have the decency to break up with me or tell me it was over, but you didn't. I have nothing to say to you, only that I hate you with every bone in my body.'

I got out and slammed the door close. 

Walking up the stairs towards the apartment I trembled.

Why did he say those things to me?

Why now?

Why after five years?

No call, no letter, nothing.

With shaky hands I took the keys out of my pocket and unlocked the door.

I felt numb, not very conscious or anything about what was happening around me. 

   'Hi y/n' Luna voice echoed which seemed far away.

I didn't say anything and she walked from the living room to greet me.

  'Girl, what's going on' she immediately hugged me but I just started sobbing.

After I was able to produce actual words I talked to her.

   'Remember the guy I told you about that I dated who broke my heart?'

   'The asshole that slept with you and then left you without saying anything?'

   'Yeah, I saw him today.'

Her eyes grew big

   'What where? what is he doing here? let's find him and kill the bastard' Luna said angry.

It was difficult cause she spoke so highly of Taehyung and I couldn't tell her it was him. I just didn't want to make things more complicated. 

Time passed and I tried to keep myself together while following my initial strategy of avoiding Taehyung. I cancelled my dinner date with Jae because I was feeling awful, there was already too much drama going on. Today we would receive the grade of our third paper. Taehyung was handing them out and as he reached me he didn't say anything put I could see the A on it.

There had been this nagging feeling growing inside of me. I received an A for every paper so far. Was this favoritism? Was this a way to make it up to me as he said how sorry he was?

That entire class I was too busy in my thoughts.

I was sure of one thing;

At the end I would confront him about it. I didn't want to doubt about whether my paper was good or that the grade was a result of his guilt.

Time passed so slowly and I was rehearsing in my head what to say to him. Finally the bell rang.

   'I want to discuss my paper with Mr Kim, but you can go ahead' I said to Luna and she looked confused.

   'you already have an A what do you want to discuss?'

I rolled my eyes 'Just a question.'