I Versus You

I opened my eyes, being pretty dazed. I looked around and noticed I wasn't at university anymore, it was a room I did not recognize. Though, it became clear pretty quick that I was currently lying in a hospital bed.

In the chair next to me was Namjoon, he was quietly reading a book.

      'Namjoon?' I asked pretty puzzled. he looked up and immediately closed his book while making his way towards me.

       'Y/n how are you feeling?'

       'I am uh disoriented' .... 'what happened?' I then asked.

       'You fainted at university. you didn't wake up so I called the ambulance.'

       'oh you shouldn't have, I am sorry to be such a burden' I said apologetically, feeling embarrassed.

      'Hey don't say that, you are not.'

He looked away and sighed 'the doctor told me you fainted due to stress and anxiety, they tested on vitamins etc and they think you haven't been eating and not sleeping well. is that correct?'

I looked down at my hands and nodded my head.

     'I was stressed and I wasn't hungry. it's stupid really.'

It was true, I really didn't have any appetite, but ending up in the hospital for it was also not something I had deemed as a possibility.

      'Y/n it's not, I am aware of what passed, so don't worry but please try to stay healthy.'

I laid my hand on his.

      'Thank you Namjoon, truly.'

We gazed into each others eyes but his eyes slowly went down to my hand.

The door flew open and as some automatic reaction I withdrew my hand, expecting it to be the doctor but it wasn't.

       'Y/N' a worried Taehyung appeared.

He rushed towards my bedside, having no eye for Namjoon whatsoever. he laid his hand on my cheek. 'are you okay?'

My heart ached, it was the first time I saw him again after our argument. He was so ethereal, he didn't look well though, but still.

I wanted to tell him how much I missed him but then I saw that picture in my mind again.

I didn't respond.

      'Baby?'

       'I am fine Taehyung' I responded weakly. 'how did you know I was here?' I asked

      'Luna called me.'

      'I think it might be better if you leave' Namjoon said to Taehyung in a calm manner.

Taehyung finally looked at Namjoon 'excuse me? I am her boyfriend'

It was strange to hear him call himself my boyfriend. It was technically true because we didn't break up per se.

       'That may be, but the doctor has indicated this happened because y/n is experiencing a great deal of stress. In that case it seems a good idea to have the main stressor away for a while.'

Taehyung balled his hands into fists and clenched his jaws.

       'You expect me to leave and let her be in your care?'

       'Or one of her friends' Namjoon suggested

       'suree' Taehyung replied sarcastically and this pressure on my chest seemed to return. 

Perhaps Namjoon had a point, I needed to have a rest.

        'Namjoon is right' I let out and Taehyung looked at me defeated 'what?' he didn't sound angry but sad. 

       'Namjoon is right' I repeated the exact same sentence.

       'You're taking his side?'

        'No taehyung, I am taking my own side.'

Taehyung pov

In a way those words hit me like a truck. It was weird, and honestly pretty heartbreaking, that it wasn't an us versus them but an I versus you. but it also seemed to be a sort of epiphany, I thought I could make y/n feel better if I stayed around, from a distance but now I realized it was better if I indeed gave her some space. I took a deep breath and then nodded.

      'I am sorry, I will make my leave.' I said in a calm manner

y/ns eyes widened in a sort of surprise.

      'Ta..' she started as I walked away. I stopped, hopeful that perhaps she would eventually ask me to stay.

She didn't ,

The next thing I heard was a deep sigh from her and I continued leaving.

I sat on a bench outside the hospital staring down at my hands. I couldn't believe that y/n was lying in a hospital bed and I couldn't be there for her, and in a certain way it was me who caused it.

I really hurt the person I loved the most in this world.

How did it get to this point? I kept replaying my thoughts of that particular night, over and over again. I mean what was I thinking? I should have realized this was a way of Maya to get me alone and yet I couldn't see it. but also perhaps there was a part of me that wanted to prove that this was all fine, that y/n was overreacting. And a part were those underlying feelings of frustration about her and Namjoon, I mean he was here as well, so it wasn't entirely misplaced . I shook my head, no these insecurities led to this mess in the first place. Y/ns health is the focus now, and I will concentrate on that.

y/n pov

In the following weeks I hardly heard anything from Taehyung, in a way I missed his messages. I knew it was stupid but in a way it showed me he still cared and it was honestly a bit comforting. but then again at the same time it was causing stress because it kept reminding me of what happened.

My appetite didn't truly return but Luna made it her responsibility to make me eat and if she was not at home it was Jimin that made sure I ate my dinner. And when I decided to stay at University to work or study Namjoon subtly delivered some food at my office. In the beginning he acted as if he had ordered too much but slowly he just put it there. I offered to pay for it but he said that wasn't necessary and he made it very clear I wouldn't be able to change his mind.

This way another three weeks passed excruciatingly slow.

Three weeks

and yet every morning I woke up I thought of Taehyung and every night I went to sleep I felt to urge to text him. It really did feel like a part of me was missing.

It was good to have time for myself, I recognized that. But I also couldn't deny that I didn't miss him greatly and wished that I could see him again.

This weekend I decided to go to the city's library early Saturday morning. I love Luna and Jimin but after such a long time I just wanted to escape that place and foremost I wanted to give them their time together. I felt more and more like burden. Perhaps it was time to find my own place, yet I didn't really want to. In the afternoon I would meet Jin to go to an exhibition together, it was about a new art movement which we wanted to use in the research we did.

I arrived at the library and went to the art section, I took the book which was related to the art movement and searched for a quiet place to read it until I would meet Jin. as I scanned the room my eyes landed on a familiar figure

Namjoon?

------

Authors note: Will history repeat itself again? :o