Much Alike

Taehyung appeared in the living room and he looked more amazing than ever.

         'It's finally your night, how are you feeling?'

He smiled at me  'excited, a little bit nervous.'

I kissed his cheeks 'you'll do great, I am sure of it!'

     'Thank you y/n.'

The exhibition looked really great and it was nice to see there was a big turn up of people. Quite a lot of students as well just like the time I went to Seoul. I guess it wasn't a surprise, Taehyung had an attraction to girls. We walked around the room when Taehyung nudged at a girl in the distance.

     'Let me introduce you to my top student, who has been a huge support to me' he indicated, and at his arm I was led to a girl, who seemed to be conversing with some students. Her eyes landed on us, and mainly on Taehyung. She smiled and waved, while at the same time walking towards us. 

Taehyung also smiled, it was his precious boxy smile

     'Mr Kim' the girl greeted us or well... him. 

     'Maya, the event looks amazing!'

    'Thank you sir, I am glad you like it.'

    'I love it'

I tensed up already, I was feeling like a spectator of a conversation instead of a person who was part of it. and mostly, she looked at Taehyung as if he was her world.

    'Oh I wanted to introduce you to my girlfriend y/n' Taehyung said happily.

    'Y/n this is maya, maya this is y/n.'

Maya looked at you, still smiling widely.

    'It is so nice to meet you, I heard a lot of great things about you from Taehyung!'

Hmm maybe I misjudged the situation..

     'Very nice to meet you too, the exhibition indeed looks marvelous.'

    'It was all mr Kim' Maya giggled.

    'Oh don't be so modest Maya, you did most of arranging all the stuff' Taehyung replied.

     'I would say together, I mean you were there too all those long evenings when we had these meetings, and you stayed also till the end when all the others left.'

My stomach made a turn, I mean he never specified with whom he was and frankly I also never asked, I expected it to be a group of people but the way it appeared now it was mainly the two of them.

Taehyung didn't really reply, I guess he felt rather exposed considering he had in no way told me about this.

     'oh I see Mr Lee, I will say hi' Taehyung indicated and it seemed this was a conversation I wasn't invited to. plus it was a very easy way out for him in this conversation.

I was left alone with Maya.

     'He probably doesn't want to include you because Mr lee is the director of the University and well you are young so perhaps he figures you used to be a student of Taehyung's and that might fall wrong, so to say.'

     'Excuse me, I don't think I understand' I replied

What was she scheming?

     'You and me are much alike you know' she then said.

I internally rolled my eyes, but I tried to stay polite. 

     'In which way exactly?' I asked