Chapter 25(c)

Song of the Chapter : Control by Halsey

Everything we learn revolves around the epitome of one thing to another: good and evil—night and day—life and death

Everything we learn revolves around the epitome of one thing to another: good and evil—night and day—life and death. One element either squaring off against the other or transitioning to the next.

Always interchanging.

Always moving.

Karma?

Fate?

The origin is of little importance to me. If I have learned anything throughout my years, it's that although this cycle happens, not everyone is blessed enough to remain on the good side of the spectrum.

Bad shit happens. Horrifyingly bad shit. And those like me, even though we try to hold onto the light, darkness finds us as a victim or the culprit.

It is something we can't escape.

But it's also true the darkness gives us strength to fight the evil that lurks in the light.

Good and evil—night and day—life and death.

---- Paris

How dare he?

After the bath in the wee hours of the morning I fell asleep and woke up feeling refreshed after a long time. Probably after two weeks. Who knew that a little pampering from Alex would cure me and I loved every moment of it. I woke up alone as usual and followed by daily routine: brush teeth, face care, did light stretching until the shower stall was filled with steams and then shower. Put on minimal make-up and got dressed in feminine tailored leather black jacket, decorated with chunky metal buttons lined on the either side of the chest, a simple pale blue blouse, blue skinnies, and black platform pumps with ankle strap. Then I went to the dining room for breakfast, not taking the grand staircase case, mind you. Nope. After what happened here yesterday, I'm going to avoid it like the plague. Nor did I use the birdcage deathtrap. I went all the way around the floor and took the inner staircase. It was better and I also took few moments to admire Lord Dante.