Our Overview

~3rd POV~

The beginning of Lucy's walk home had been silent. But given what had just unfolded, it wouldn't remain that way.

Jellal was unsure of his decision to walk his female friend home, but he knew if he didn't, someone would come along and take Lucy home themself.

Lucy swung her hands back in forth, walking at Jellal's left on the left side of the street.

"So, you talked to Erza?" Lucy asked, breaking the silence.

Jellal walked forward with his hands in his pockets, his lips instantly pulling up into a smile at the sound of her name.

"I did," he said plainly, not knowing what else to say.

Lucy smiled, "What did you guys talk about?" She recalled how he sat down and they chatted for what had to be at least an hour before things went downhill.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "She donates to the same charities I do. I know it sounds kind of stupid, but that makes me very happy. We-"

Lucy stopped him before he could go on, "Jellal...don't ever apologize for being kind, or for finding another person's kindness attractive. That's perfectly normal, and if anyone thought otherwise, they would be wrong," she reassured him.

It bothered her more than it should've, Jellal not being able to confidently express his feelings because of the fear of being mocked or made fun of. The world was messed up in its own odd ways.

Jellal nodded and continued, "Erza really is something else. I learned that she loves strawberry cake, sweets in general I suppose, she is kind and caring, and she's has a beautiful personality."

Lucy looked down and smiled at his choice of words. The way he talked about her, she wondered if that was what it meant to really be in love with someone.

Had she ever felt that way? She wouldn't know it, that feeling.

"What about you?" Jellal broke her train of thought.

She looked over at him. "What do you mean?"

Jellal put his hands back into his pockets and then looked into her eyes. "Is it Gray or Natsu?"

Lucy could feel the heat rising to her cheeks. She was flustered and could feel her annoyance and embarrassment take over her body.

"I-It's really not like that," she mumbled, recalling the things that happened.

Being close to Natsu, looking him in the eyes. The warmth of his hand, it was like she could still feel it. But...he liked Lisanna.

And Gray, he had been her best friend since she got there. It seemed like they had been best friends for forever. She couldn't possibly imagine anything happening between them, right?

Lucy wondered if Gray really did feel the things they said he felt.

Finally, she noticed the stern look her friend was giving her. "Then what happened back there?"

"Gray was angry, but that was obvious, you knew that. He wasn't when I first showed up, but then I started talking to Natsu and he got jealous. I just don't see why he was, though. Natsu's his best friend, isn't he? And so am I, so what's the big deal?" Lucy explained.

Jellal thought about it for a while. "Do you like Natsu?"

"He likes Lisanna." Lucy put it bluntly, noticing that they were a couple meters from the sidewalk to her house.

"That wasn't the question, Lucy," Jellal stopped where her house was at.

"Well, I'm home now, no need to talk about that stuff anymore, maybe some other time," Lucy smiled and walked up to him, giving him a hug with a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you for walking me home," she told him.

Jellal sighed and nodded, "Anytime, Lucy."

She waved him off and began walking to her front stairs.

"Lucy!" Her friend called for her. She turned back around, ready to listen.

He ran his hands through his hair again, hesitating, "You really can talk to me about it, you know that right?"

She grinned, "Of course, Jellal. Thank you."

Jellal finally waved back and they went their separate ways.

After Lucy closed the front door, she took a deep breath and sighed.

It had been a long day, her head hurt, and she was mentally and physically exhausted.

Lucy went up to her room, chugged down a bottle of water, and flopped onto her bed.

She no longer felt the need to go over the day, since she had no want to do so. Tonight, she would sleep, and look forward to the days ahead of her.

Maybe tomorrow she would meet up with some old friends.

~~~END~~~