Here With Me

I'm kind of changing the way I format these chapters. I hope that doesn't bother you all. :)
~~~Lucy's POV~~~ (9:30 a.m.)
When we finished making the beignets, we gathered them all up, dusted them with powdered sugar, and left for our food booth in the main hall.

We arrived, and every else had already started setting up.

"Hey, Lucy?" Natsu asked, right beside me, setting up our sign that reached the ceiling of the school building. The main entrance of the school leads to a huge room, which is where we were currently, in one of the corners, too.

"Yes, Natsu?" I looked at him and he was smiling widely at me. He's been doing that since I forgave him. Weird.

"What happens after this? What else do we do? Do we just wait and sell or...?" He looked around, genuinely confused.

"Well, that's kind of what we did last year. There's not much to do, so whenever we're done with this, we sell and then we send some people off to go to other booths and try to sell to their customers. It's not so much of a problem since all of the money goes to the same school. We're all in this together," I replied, helping put up the counter top.

"Will you advertise with me?" Natsu asked, his dark eyes piercing through mine. It sent chills down my spine, still oddly making me feel warm.

Oh my god, what is wrong with me.

"Uh, sure," I try not to look at him, but see his smile in the corner of my eye.

"Looks like we're done with this! I want some of you guys to go get tables from the storage room, anyone up for it?" Levy announced.
Natsu shot up, "Me and Lucy will do it!"
He looks at me and smiles, like he's asking me if I agree. I sigh and shoot Levy an agreement nod, and we walk off.

For a minute, we're silent, and it's an awkward silence at that. I want to just sprint and take off, but I doubt Natsu even knows how to navigate half the school yet, and I don't want to pull the same thing I did his first day. It would be funny, though.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks out of no where. It startles me a bit, but I answer.
"Blue and Pink. Why?"

He looks at me, "Do you know what that says about you?" There was a hint curiosity in his voice.

"Not at all, what?" I look at him and he smiles widely.

"I don't know, I just wanted to know your favorite color," he looks back straight ahead and walks like he doesn't have a care in the world.

Okay I have to admit, that was kinda cute.
What am I saying. Ew.

I asked him the same question just to be nice. "What's your favorite color?"

He doesn't avert his eyes, "Red."
He said it without any hesitation.

Before I could ask him a follow up question, he points to a door down the hallway.

"Is that it over there?" He asked, slowly increasing his speed.

I raise my voice so he can hear me, "No. take a right when you reach the end of this hall and it should be the first door to the left."

He looks back at me with a thumbs up and a grin, then races toward the destination.
I don't bother following, I'm not a chaser.

As I reach closer to the end of a hallway, I hear a door open and close. He might already have taken the tables out.

I turn the corner and, "BOO!" Natsu yells, in attempt to scare me. (It works)

I shrieked and jumped in the air.

"NATSU!" I bellowed.

He was laughing, holding his stomach in his arms. "You didn't cry this time," he smiled and then laughed some more.

"Ugh, you are so unbelievable!" I tell him and walk into the storage closet to pull tables out.
He follows straight behind, stifling his laughs.

"Lucyyyy. Stop being like thatttt!" He hangs his arm around my shoulders.

All of a sudden, it's starts to get kind of hot and stuffy.

"Stop, Natsu," I push his arms off me. "Let's grab the tables and go."

He picks up the two tables by his side, and comes toward me again, taking mine.

"Okay, sorry Lucy. Let's go," he wasn't pouty, mad, or sad. He was just over it. It was like it didn't happen.

It was surprising. He handled that so maturely for a change. It kinda makes me happy.

"Let me feel useful," I tell him, and snatch back my table. I smile and race off. I'm not sure how, but I could feel him smiling back.

"I'm gonna beat you there!" I call out to him behind me. "Like hell you will!" His footsteps lightly vibrated to where I was since he had the extra weight.

I shrieked, but in excitement and anticipation this time.

Maybe I don't always need the guys. Now, I think I have Natsu.
~~~END~~~

You all have every right to be mad at me. I'm not going to say why I was held up, but instead, I'll make it up to you guys. I'm glad to see you all are patient, though. It makes me really happy to know you guys are with me through this. Times are a little tough right now, please take care of yourselves. We are all in this crazy, unpredictable, rough patch together. I hope you all enjoy :).