Chapter 7: The Rat King

Start from the beginning

"Heh heh... you two really are impressively clever. The flames react to your will. Will you put me down tonight?" He asks Mostima as flames emit themselves from her Arts staff.

"How could I? I respect my elders, and care for the young." Mostima answers as she and Torrent finally engage the Rat King.

"Mostima! Torrent!" Exusiai momentarily broke formation as she saw the two characters fighting the Rat King from the LED screens.

"Whoa! Exusiai, we're the ones surrounded. Don't break formation!" Texas berates the red-haired Sankta.

"Hold on, guys! I'm coming!" Exusiai shouts as she broke off, ignoring Texas' words

"They're mixed in with the normal folk. This ain't no way to fight!" Croissant exclaims while bashing another henchman with her shield.

"What is going on...?" Bison mutters as he stood in one place, unable to quickly take in all that is happening.

"Bison, don't just sit there like a bump on a log. Yer in my way! Move it!" Croissant shouts at him as she went past him and bashing more henchmen.

"They're all... it's all... how can I...? I can't." Bison concludes, already fed up with Penguin Logistics' antics. "Alright. If that's how it has to be, we'll do it their way." He declares, finally throwing away his restraints. He then pulls out his walkie-talkie and activates it, knowing who is on the other side. "Can you hear me?" He speaks to the device.

"A message? For who?" Sora inquires.

"Whoever it is, they better be someone helpful! I'm getting tired using my Arts. Odpis, cover me!" Splinter shouts as Odpis moves her electric drones to assist the caster.

"Careful." Texas tells Sora as she cuts down a henchman going for her. "Focus, Sora."

"You're here, aren't you? You always have been." Bison says to his device, finally seeing through everything and through the eyes of Penguin Logistics.

"Young Master... I..." The person on the other side, who is apparently the butler that escorted him to Lungmen until the events in the highway speaks but is unable to continue.

"I don't blame you. I'm sure it was all my father's machinations. But right here, right now, I need you to help me." Bison tells him.

"... Of course. Give me your instructions, Young Master." The butler replies.

"You really think this is the time for instructions? Just send them flying." Bison tells him.

"To hear such an order from the mouth of the Young Master... Allow me to advocate for the Master of the House and ask: why?" The Butler asks.

"Who gives a shit why? Out of my way, Croissant!" Bison shouts as he charges past Croissant, crashing against the henchmen and knocking them up in the air, like a furious bison.

"He- He knocked 'em to the air?! That ain't how I do things!" Croissant exclaims.

"You little punk! I'll put you on the ground!" A mafioso affiliated to the Rat King attacks Bison, but a sniper shot his weapon away. "Yowch! Something knocked my club away!" The mafioso shouts.

"Careful, they got a sniper!"

"Outta my way!" Bison tells as he barreled through them like a bowling ball.

Meanwhile, the fight between Mostima and Torrent, and the Rat King continues, as Arts are exchanged one after another.

Torrent infuses his sword with active Arts and struck at the Rat King several times, but neither he nor Mostima were able to make him move an inch.