Chapter 17: Old Home

- L.G.D. Headquarters, 1230 hours \ Cloudy | A week later... -

"...And that's about it." A certain green-haired Oni told the crew inside the briefing room after a lengthy explanation as to why they were hired and sent to Siracusa in the first place. "In other words, the information that you have provided us during the entire operation has given us enough leverage to move against not only the mafia here in Lungmen but also others associated with the criminal underworld." She added.

"I sure hope that we aren't on the list of criminals that you intend to apprehend." Calico deadpanned as he crossed his arms while his cat ears twitched. "It would be bad if all of our work was in the end supposed to strike against us."

"Hah, definitely not. In fact, you lot will be the next people that we will contact should we need another one of these operations." Hoshiguma said to the feline. "But remember that no one should know of this."

"We know. You told us the month before all this." One of the scouts of the team replied.

"Then that spares me the explanation. The money has already been wired to your accounts." Hoshiguma told the team as she left with Swire and Esil.

The team members stood up from their seats and one by one, they greeted each other farewell before leaving the L.G.D. headquarters. Several of the mercenaries were left in the briefing room as they continued to chat before they themselves left.

"So, Zara, you going back to Siracusa now?" Strife asked the Vulpo.

"Hah! After all we did there? Not a chance." Zara replied to him. "Besides, Swire offered me a position in the L.G.D. and I'm considering it right now."

"Oh really?" Strife mused and Zara nodded.

"Yeah. Until I have decided, I'm staying in Lungmen for now." Zara said.

"Well, good luck on whichever path you choose. I'll be seeing you around." Strife nodded at her before turning around to join with his former Praetor squad mates.

"Oi, Javson," Zara called out to Strife using his real name. "Don't think I have forgotten about you considering going out on a date with me." She told him as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Oh, uh... Yeah, about that..." Strife murmured, not really knowing how to react.

"I'll be waiting." Zara said with a smile before she finally left the briefing room. Strife can only stare but a smile drew itself on his face momentarily, knowing that he possibly just scored it with someone.

Recomposing himself, he walked to where his former squad mates are at and joined them.

"So yeah, that's all I know with my parents heading to Siracusa." Torrent said to Odpis and Splinter, explaining the whole situation with him and his parents who were apparently mafia leaders. "That was almost seven years ago, some time before I joined the Pontifica Cohors."

"Then it was three years before you came to Praetor Enterprises." Splinter mused.

"That's right. And in all that time, I had very little communication with them." Torrent added.

"So wait, you're saying that you had no idea that your parents were planning to be mafia big shots there?" Odpis questioned.

"Hey, I did say that I didn't really care about what they wanted as long as they don't get themselves killed." Torrent argued. "I was so focused on finding Mosty back then and I admit that I was quite rash about it." He added.

"And they had so much high-tech stuff there. How could you explain them having those for a mafia organization?" Strife finally interjected.

"Oh, hi there, Strife!" Odpis cheerily greeted him and his returned the gesture.