Chapter 3: Guys and Gals on the Go

- 1922 hours -

The trio of the Forte known as Bison, Mostima, and Torrent have found a café selling various kinds of sweets and pastries -- the same one where Mostima and Torrent first reunited earlier that day -- and settled in for their order.

Mostima and Torrent are clearly taking things easy while Bison is still on edge.

"There we go. They can't do anything with downtown like this. Too many people." Mostima comments as she gets off the window.

Torrent arrives with their orders.

"You ordered the matcha, right? This one's yours." Torrent hands Bison the matcha flavored ice cream as he hands Mostima one of the two chocolate ones. "And here's your order. My treat." He says to Mostima who mouthed him a thanks as he sat down beside her.

"I don't see any mafia-looking guys, but... aren't we letting our guard down a bit too much?" Bison nervously questions.

"What are you talking about? This place is a FIVE STAR recommendation. That's way more awesome than some mobsters." Mostima says to Bison, clearly coming from the booklet that Torrent didn't entirely trust. "You been able to contact Texas and them yet?" She asks Bison.

"No, it was so fast..." He answers.

"So what's to be all nervous about?" She asks him. Bison just stays silent, unable to come up with an answer to her laid back question. "Your ice cream's melting. You gotta calm down already." She tells Bison as Torrent checks his phone for any updates from his team.

"Well, it's just nobody could have predicted this. I should calm down." Bison says to himself.

"These mobsters came aaall the way from Siracusa to Lungmen. We can bet they're not here for Sauin, right?" Mostima says in a matter-of-fact tone.

"... They definitely have some other goal. One of them is me, but beyond that, I don't know." Bison nods. "We're in a good position. We managed to lose them. And with just the three of us versus however many of them, we have the advantage in scouting them out." He continues speaking, earning him a sound of agreement from Torrent who is eating his ice cream while looking at his phone. "But how do we proceed? Should we start hunting them? No, the better move is to reconnect with Texas..." He concludes.

"Heh. You seem a lot more like an ordinary Messenger than Texas and the girls." Mostima tells him.

"You just noticed that?" Torrent asks her as he gave her a glance.

"Oh shush, Torrent." Mostima tells him who just chuckles as she returns his focus to his phone.

"Sorry. Was I talking to myself?" Bison asks, now feeling insecure with the two laid back Penguin Logistics members.

"No, you're right. We know the mob is up to something. We just can't go off half-cocked." Mostima tells Bison. "But sometimes you gotta trust in the girls. I know they can be a little out there, but Penguin Logistics is a tough cookie."

"Probably more, if I say so myself." Torrent adds up. Mostima hums in approval.

"It's kind of weird to call a logistics firm 'tough,' but... Forget it. It's not like I've got any room to complain." Mostima muses. "Let's just take a walk, enjoy the scenery like what me and Torrent have been doing. And maybe by the time we run into Texas and the crew, they'll have this whole gang war all wrapped up?" She suggests to the two males in their trio, more so on Bison.

They finish their dessert and soon left the café. They take a walk in the streets, engaging in small talk from here and there.

Mostima slows down and catches the attention her companions.