Chapter 21: Another Unexpected Reunion

- Rhodes Island landship, 0903 hours \ Cloudy -

"... So yeah. That's how we became a thing." Odpis concluded after explaining the whole story to Platinum who is surprised and interested at the same time.

The three boys on the table all have differing reactions. Torrent can only stare in disbelief at Odpis's revelation, Strife is scratching his head in confusion, and Splinter is both embarrassed and curious to how Platinum would react now that he, a Sarkaz is now officially in a relationship with Odpis. Needless to say, it was quite a surprise for the others.

"So what you're saying is that this has been going on since your time in Praetor Enterprises?" Platinum asked he younger sister after a moment of thinking.

"Yep!" Odpis cheerfully replied.

"And this was years ago?" Platinum continued. Splinter is visibly concerned.

"Mhm!" Odpis responded.

"... And you two made your relationship official just recently?" Platinum finished and Odpis nodded.

"Wait, sis, where are these coming from?" Odpis asked Platinum who stayed silent as she thought about something.

"I have a really bad feelin' about this." Strife whispered to Torrent who shrugged in response.

"Can't say I'm surprised, to be honest." Torrent whispered back to the Feline. Splinter heard what they said clearly and it made him even more nervous.

The table went silent. Strife and Torrent continued to eat while Splinter nervously waited for Platinum's response and Odpis continued to stare at her sister, wondering what she may be talking about. Even though hid it well, Odpis is also nervous, not knowing if her elder sister whom she has not seen in such a long time would approve of her being in a relationship.

The silence went on for another moment before Platinum cleared her throat, causing the couple to flinch and the other two males to focus on what she will say.

"I was mistaken. You never changed, little sis." Platinum said to Odpis.

"Wha?" Odpis could only say on utter confusion.

"It took you several years to finally make things official between you and him. You're sometimes so indecisive." Platinum commented. Realizing what she meant, Odpis awkwardly laughed as she scratched one of her ears.

"Eheh, about that..." Odpis trailed off, but Platinum ignored her and turned towards Splinter.

"Do keep an eye on her, will you? I wouldn't be surprised if she has caused you trouble numerous times, so I hope you can keep her calm and away from her recklessness." Platinum told Splinter who blinked.

"Ha?" Splinter could only say in confusion, unable to believe that Platinum just accepted their relationship.

"Hey! Wha-! Where did that come from?!" Odpis complained as she pouted.

"W-wait, you're fine with me and Odpis dating? Aren't you, well, concerned?" Splinter inquired to Platinum who raised an eyebrow.

"Why should I be concerned?"

"Well, there's the obvious fact that I'm a Sarkaz... and all the controversy around my people... and also me being there in the civil war in Kazdel." Splinter said, pointing out the facts that Odpis dropped right in front of Platinum while explaining how they started dating.

"Do you want me to be?" Platinum questioned him and Splinter stared at her in surprise. Upon deciphering what she said, he scratched his head.

"Well, not really..." He replied.