Chapter 7: The Rat King

- 0038 hours / Dusty -

"So we're surrounded? Six or so deep in all sides?" Croissant inquires, standing ready as the Rat King's henchmen as well as innocent civilians surround them.

"Oh, like a roll cake?" Exusiai cheerfully asks.

"The Rat King is the boss of the slums. Of course his claws and teeth are everywhere." Texas answers.

"Why didn't you say so earlier?" Bison asks Texas.

"I thought he was just an urban legend. And I'd never imagined he'd actually be a rat. Who would take a nickname like that?" Texas mumbles.

"With all them people around, it's hard to tell who's after us and who's a passerby." Croissant mentions.

"We don't have a lot of room to act here." Odpis says as she hands Splinter a small EMP device.

"What do we do?" Bison asks.

"You're always asking what to do. Don't you ever think for yourself?" Texas retorts to Bison, annoyed at his antics. "Here they come." She warns them as the henchmen make their move.

Meanwhile...

"Here you are. I think you two can make up the situation from up here. Your friends are in a life or death struggle. Aren't you going to help them?" Lin Grey asks Mostima and Torrent who had managed to catch up to him.

"From what I've heard of you, I'd never thought you'd be so heavy-handed." Mostima tells Lin Grey as Torrent puts his sword back to its sheathe after dispatching some troublemakers.

"I don't share every last thought of mine with young people." Lin Grey replies.

"Sure enough. I always forget what kind of person you are." Mostima says to him.

"Many have forgotten as such. And they all ended up six feet deep in unmarked graves. You two are already among the luckiest." Lin Grey tells them.

"Let's get to the point, Lin Grey." Torrent calmly yet sternly tells him.

"You killed the boss. You think that'll just blow over?" Mostima questions.

"Heh heh. It's all very clear to me. The owner of Penguin Logistics has always acted so prideful, as if above everyone else. But Lungmen is changing. She cannot allow this to continue." Lin Grey says with a Cheshire grin. "They need to be taught a lesson. A very harsh one at that."

"There's always a comeuppance when you bite the hand that feeds. You've done so much with the help of Penguin Logistics." Mostima tells him with a grin. "Wait, were you planning this from the very beginning?" Mostima questions as she realizes something.

"Who knows?" Lin Grey cryptically responds.

"Couldn't be. Your whole act is way too good. Or, at least it's better than mine and Torrent's." Mostima says as she takes out her Arts staff and Torrent unsheathed his Arts sword once more.

"Besides, you're in the higher echelon and we are the investors. So it doesn't matter if our venture succeeds or fails because you will benefit from it regardless if you planned it or otherwise." Torrent states.

" Torrent states