fifteen

Gigi's pov

March 22nd
-

I pause as soon as I close Crystal's front door, replaying the conversation in my head. I couldn't be mad because I could see where she was coming from, it's been non stop drama between us. I walk down to the sidewalk realizing it would be weird for Crystal to look out her window to see me just freaking out on her porch, but I wasn't ready to go back to Daya's. There's no way she'll let me stay with her after this and I'm not ready to have that conversation. I sit on the curb and pull out my phone to call Jaida. I didn't want to have to ask her for such a big favor but I had no other choice, Jan's house was too small and I ruined my relationships with everyone else. I press call and wait for her to pick up.

Jaida: hey boo, what's up? You wanna come smoke?

Gigi: I- uh-

Jaida: Crystal's gonna be here

Gigi: um I'm good

Jaida: are you okay?

Gigi: I'm fine, but Crystal and I decided it would be better if we weren't friends anymore. You guys have fun.

Jaida: Gigi wait. You called me, is that all you wanted to tell me?

Gigi: oh no actually I was gonna ask you if

"Hey! Weirdo! Are you coming inside?" I quickly turn around to see Daya standing in her doorway.

Gigi: I'll call you back

Jaida: okay, stay safe, love you

Gigi: love you too Jaida

I hang up my phone and stand wiping the rocks off my skirt before starting towards Daya. When I reach her porch she slides over to make room for me to walk in. She gently closes the door before taking a seat on the couch. I awkwardly do the same, having déjà vu from the conversation I just had with Crystal.

"I'm going to ask Jaida if I can stay with her. If not I'll figure something out. I'll be gone by today I promise." I say trying to calm my voice.

"Why were you sitting outside?" Daya asks ignoring what I said.

"I um, didn't want to have this conversation just yet, and I was on the phone with Jaida." I respond picking at the hem of my skirt.

"You can calm down I'm not going to hurt you." Daya says even though the look on her face says otherwise. I stop fidgeting and fold my hands together on my lap.

"Sorry." I smile my cheeks getting warm.

"So why'd you say that about Crystal?" She asks.

"I don't know, I was drunk and mad at Violet. I didn't even think Crystal would see it if I'm being honest." I shrug. She glares at me for a minute possibly deciding where to hide my body. I pull my phone out to call Jaida again but before I can Daya stops me.

"You can stay here, I don't care, but if you try to pull anything like this again you're gone." I look up at her stunned. I thought I might be dreaming.

"You're serious? I can stay?" I ask needing another confirmation.

"Yeah that's what I said. Don't make me regret it." She says standing up to walk away. I stand too not sure what else to do.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it." I say smiling.

"Uh huh. I'm going to go smoke with Crystal and Jaida, there's food in the fridge. Just don't break anything or start a fire." She grabs her keys off the hook they were hanging on and walks out the door. I walk towards the front window looking out as Crystal hops into her passenger seat laughing. There's a tug in my chest as they drive away leaving me all alone.

I decided the best thing to do was to walk around the house to try to become more familiar with the layout. Across the hall from Daya's bedroom was her makeshift art studio. As soon as you open the door the paint fumes hit you. I walk in further to examine a small group of paintings that were leaned up against the easel. They were mostly self-portraits just like the big one that was on the easel. Her art was amazing but I felt gross going through it without her permission so I quickly exited the room.

Time was going by extremely slow so I turned the tv on and ordered a pizza. I felt too weird still to look through Daya's fridge or cabinets, I mean I haven't even met her parents yet. I'm flipping though the channels when my phone bings from a text.

Naomi- hey I just wanted to make sure your okay.

Gigi- I'm good thanks for checking up on me.

Naomi- I'm not going to be hanging around with Violet anymore. If you ever need anything don't hesitate to text me.

Gigi- thank you, that means a lot to me.

Naomi- no problem darling, talk soon?

Gigi- sure thing 💗