one

Gigi's pov

March 6th
-
"Girl, did you hear what I said?" Jan asks from across the table.

"No it's loud in here, sorry." I respond pulling my attention away from their table across the room.

"Yeah it's loud and smells like ass." Jaida says with a laugh. Jan playfully smacks her on the arm and tells her to shush.

"There's a new girl coming to the school, I heard she got kicked out of her old one." Jan says becoming more excited now that we were all paying attention.

"What'd she do?" Jaida asks pushing her food around with her fork.

"I don't know that part but I'm assuming it's bad if it was enough to get her kicked out." Jan says.

"I hope she's hot." Jaida says.

"I hope she likes us, it would be cool to have a new friend. Don't you think Gigi?" Jan says looking up at me.

"I can't be bothered with making new friends right now." I say glancing back over at their table.

"Oh lighten up gigi you might like her." Jaida says following my gaze and raising her eyebrow.

"Well I have to get to class early I'll see you guys after school okay?" I grab my bag and quickly walk out of the cafeteria. I truly did not have to be to class early so I took a detour into the bathroom. I pulled my makeup bag out to touch up my face when the door swings open. It was Adore, she looked amazing.

"Hey." She smiled walking over to the sink next to me.

"Hi." I say pulling out my lipgloss.

"Why'd you run out of lunch so early?" Adore asks lifting herself up so that she's sitting on the sink facing me.

"I wasn't hungry." I say.

"You look pretty today." Adore says smiling at me, "that's a nice skirt."

"Thanks I made it." I say brushing my hand down the side of it. I could feel my cheeks turning pink.

"Maybe you could teach me how to make one sometime?" She asks hoping down from the sink which wasn't much of a hop because of her platform boots.

"I'd love to." I say as the bell rings.

"See ya then gigi." She laughs walking out of the bathroom. I smooth down my hair and do one last check of my appearance before heading to class. As I get to my seat my phone bings with a text from jaida.

Jaida: oh? so you and adore have started flirting now huh? 😉

Gigi: shut up bitch

Jaida: no you shut up

Gigi: 🙄

Jaida: love you too, kisses

I turn my phone off so I can pay attention, the rest of the day drags on. When the final bell rings I rush out to meet up with Jan to walk to Jaida's car. She's at the bottom of the main steps scrolling through twitter.

"You ready?" I ask as I approach her.

Jaida is already in the car when we arrive. We squeeze into the back and I try to avoid making eye contact with Jaida in the rear view mirror. She chuckles as she makes her way out of the parking lot. Jan turns the radio up as loud as possible and starts dancing in her seat. Jaida rolls down the windows and takes the long way home. We sing along to the music until a few minutes later Jaida pulls into her driveway.

Once we're inside we all take our normal seats on Jaida's bed while she runs downstairs to grab some snacks.
"Are you good girl?" Jan asks me, I roll my eyes at her and smile.

"I'm fine" I say, even though I've been in my head all day. My issues were about to be solved when Jaida came back with snacks and weed. We weren't huge potheads, or at least I wasn't, Jaida definitely was. Jan didn't smoke because her mom would kill her, and she's even more annoying high.

"I should make you guys pay me for this shit" Jaida says, and we laugh.

"No you need yourself a girlfriend to smoke with, so we don't have to hear you bitch about not having one" I say sarcastically, taking a hit of an awfully rolled blunt. Jaida rolls her eyes and looks at me.

I couldn't help but think about Adore. I was picturing us holding hands, walking down the hallway. Our conversation was replaying in my head as I took a hit. My face felt hot, and I couldn't tell if it was because of the high I was getting or Adore's voice in my head.
Whatever it was, it was enough to completely block out whatever Jan was talking about.

"Earth to Gigi?" Jan says.

"What are you thinking about, or who I should say" Jaida asks laughing.

I shake my head as they laugh. I sit back on her bed and Jan lays her head on my shoulder. I look up at the ceiling, thinking about her smile.