Petty Minds (oneshot)

This was requested by tangledinfairylights

3rd person POV:

Scar and Grian were by far the cutest couple in Hermitcraft. They made their bases right next to each other in the jungle, teamed up and won the Head Games, and Grian helped Scar start his next project.

And for the convex this put a slight issue on their friendship, because Cub felt as if Grian was taking his best friend away.

Cub's POV:

I may or may not have a few issues with the newest hermit Grian. Not only last season did he start a company that rivaled ConCorp, but now he has taken my best friend.

Back in season 5 I had helped Scar with the biggest project on the server, The Big Dig. And now he was doing the Big Dig 2 with Grian. He asked Grian to help him blow it up to get started.

All I want is for Scar to be happy, he deserved the whole world. Scar always has been an optimistic cinnamon roll, even when he constantly died which happened quite often.

But I did know one thing, I do not like Grian. Yeah sure Scar is really happy with Grian, but I wanted to be the one making Scar happy.

Now that I think about it, this could be a problem... Scar loves Grian, Grian loves Scar, and I love Scar. And Grian already won Scar over.

I just don't know what he sees in Grian... I understand what Grian sees in Scar, because Scar is amazing.

3rd person POV:

While Cub was ranting out loud, he didn't notice Joe had entered his base.

Cub turned around a few minutes later to see Joe standing there.

"how long have you been standing there...?" Cub said going bright red.

"Long enough to know your jealous of Grian."

"Oh..."

"Cub, I'm going to give you some advice. Jealousy consumes all morals. It will take over your life. And can ruin friendships. And from what I can tell you have a great friendship with Scar, that I don't think you want to ruin."

"Thanks, but I already knew that, and that is why I rant to myself in private."

"Cub all these negative thoughts, even though you keep them private are what cause the rifts in friendships. And Scar is allowed to like whom ever he wants, and he's allowed to be friends with whom ever he wishes as well."

"..."

"Doesn't it make you happy that your best friend is happy?"

"Well yeah, but-" Cub started before Joe interrupted.

"No buts! That's all that matters, is that you can understand that SCAR is happy." Joe said emphasizing Scars name.

"But..."

"Cub!? You are acting like a child. Take a moment to think rationally. Figure out the positives and negatives of these things you are feeling and thinking. Better yet think about how SCAR would feel if he knew you felt these."

Cub stayed quiet presumably thinking about what Joe had said.

Joe left Cub to think about this rationally.
But Cub couldn't think about it rationally, he was still gonna be petty about it, but only in private.

About 500 words.
______________________________

But for now, Keep swimming my little fishies!
Best regards,
SharkBait.