[3] Jared

91 DAYS BEFORE

JUNE 2ND

8:17 AM

"You're late." Adam said to me as I walked through the doors of the Sun Cafe.

I stifled a yawn. "I know, I know."

"You know, Hailey, if you keep this up--"

"You'll considering firing me, yeah I know."

He pointed his finger at me. "And--"

"Yeah, I'm sorry for interrupting you." I pushed open the employee doors with my shoulder, and turned to Adam before completely walking in. "Forgive me for having a bad morning." I rolled my eyes and turned my back to him when I heard him sigh and walk away.

8:21 AM

"Welcome to the Sun Cafe," I greeted the first customer, who looked like a businessman, with a smile, "what can I get you today?"

He stayed quiet, and I studied his eyes as he read the menus placed above us, on the wall. "Yeah, I'll have a large coffee, and the cinnamon roll."

I typed his order into the register and told him the price, and he gave me his money.

A few minutes later his order would be ready, but by then the cafe would be filled with other customers, and before we knew it, we were running around trying to get everyone's order right; but mostly, in time.

And this is how my morning went; I'd either be at the register taking orders, or cleaning up around the tables. But it honestly wasn't until noon when things began to go hectic.

12:02 PM

My friend Kayla arrived 'fashionably late' (is what she would call it), actually, she arrived like three hours late to the cafe. Adam saw her walk in through the doors, but being the flattering person she is, he let it go.

"Someone's staring." Kayla sing-songed to me as she walked by with a medium coffee in her hand.

I raised my eyebrow. "I'm not staring at anyone...?"

"Thank you, and have a nice day." Kayla said to a customer who smiled back at her.

I, honestly, was sometimes jealous of her. I mean, she had the looks, the personality, the intelligence, basically everything a guy would want in a girl. Although she did have some flaws, people could probably mistake her for being the real barbie doll, except nothing about her was fake.

She waved her hand in front of my face and looked at me, annoyed. "Hello? Did you hear what I just said?"

"Why are you so pretty?" I asked her, before I turned away to fill the display shelves with more croissants.

"Oh my god Hailey, stop saying that, because we all know you're much, much, prettier."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yeah, now shut up."

I rolled my eyes and went to the back to grab more coffee filters, when Jake shouted my name.

"Yeah?"

"Table three needs their order."

I stood back up with a package of coffee filters in my hand. "You couldn't do it?"

"He's taking care of a customer," Kayla said to me, whilst grabbing the package out of my hands and exchanging it with a large coffee and a muffin, "I think it's best if you give him the order."