[6] You ever gone skinny dipping?

The way he said nervous sent a strange chill down my spine.

"Nervous?" I laughed uneasily, "please."

"What makes you--" he suddenly stopped talking when my phone vibrated, once again.

He eyed my phone suspiciously and heaved himself up to his feet, nodding towards the device.

"You might wanna get that."

"Why should I?" Because honestly, I wanted to see what he was going to say.

"It could be your so called boyfriend calling." And then he left, carrying my breakfast dishes in the process.

I shook my head and sighed, still trying to get over the strange way he made me feel. I answered my phone without looking to see who was calling.

"Yeah?"

"Fuck you." Nathan. Obviously.

My eyes went wide in shock, for he rarely cussed at me. Like, rarely. "What the hell?"

"You--I--we--fuck--just please tell me you're okay."

I swallowed. "Y-yeah. I'm fine. What's wrong?"

"Hailey, Jesus, where are you?"

I looked around Jared's bedroom and bit my lip. "I um, I'm at a friend's."

"Kayla's at work and Leah said she hasn't talked to you today."

I frowned, staring down at my knees. "Well I have more than just two friends, you know."

"Yeah? Who's this friend?"

I blinked whilst nibbling on the inside of my lip. "I um, does it matter?"

"Yeah. If you didn't notice, I was worried about you."

"I--"

"One of the employees at the restaurant left the building to go take out the trash, and apparently he saw you sitting on the curb, talking to someone in a car."

I gulped. "Yeah, he thought I was someone else."

There was a short pause before he spoke. "You're not dealing drugs...oh Christ Hailey, I swear--"

"Don't worry," I interrupted him as soon as I realized what he was going to say, "me doing drugs? Are you serious?" Jared then walked back into the room with a towel in his hand. I frowned at him, eyeing the towel suspiciously.

"Okay--"

"Yeah, look I gotta go."

"What? Wait--"

"Sorry I'll tell you everything later, okay? I promise you I'm fine." And before he could even speak, I hung up on him, locking my phone and set it down.

"Didn't tell him you came home with a drunk guy?"

"No, there was no need to."

"So when the time comes, what are you going to tell him?"

I honestly didn't want to worry about that now, so I tried to change the subject. Staring at the white towel he held in his hand, I asked him, "what's with the towel?"

He chucked it over and it landed onto my lap. "You and me? We're going out today."

I laughed in a are-you-serious way. "No we're not."

He nodded. "We are." I studied his face expression and there was absolutely no hint of sarcasm written on it.

"No," I said, putting the towel aside, "we're not."